Sunday, April 5, 2009

Taylored Expressions Release Day!


brick house

It’s time to go shopping at Taylored Expressions for the new stuff – but before you do, you have to check out my card, which I am pretty proud of {and be sure to check out the samples from the rest of the design team too}. 

I am no copic marker expert (too cheap to invest in more than the one set I have because of the price of the refills!) but I am having fun with the one set I do have.  Have you ever checked out I Like Markers?  She has a wealth of knowledge there, and I incorporated 2 techniques she’s shared on her blog to make a house scene with the new Fresh Flowers set.  I just adore this window & flower box and felt it needed to be set on the side of a house instead of just by itself as a focal image.  The first thing I did was stamp my window seat on the Choice Buttercream cardstock and penciled in the bushes below.  Then I used Marianne’s technique for coloring bushes, and although I didn’t have the wide range of greens like she used, I still think they work.  Then, I colored in the side of the house and used a colorless blender to make simple bricks.  I couldn’t believe how cool they looked but then I was a little bummed they were crooked – John said it still worked – the focus would not be on the crooked bricks, it will be on the window/flower box & bushes!  He was right!

I paper-pieced the shutters with the Mother’s Day Key ingredients patterned paper as well as the flower box.   The flowers were stamped directly on the window and then additional flowers stamped, cut out & adhered over instead of painstaking masking them.  The center 3 flowers were popped up with foam tape for added dimension & Ivory flower soft added to the guava flower.  I just love the dimension & ‘softness’ the flower soft adds to stamped images and it’s so easy to work with!  I finished my card with a simple greeting stamped & punched with the word window punch. 

What do you think of my house scene??

Couple points to share:

  • Spellbinders -- all of the new Spellbinders dies will be released on Sunday in the TE Store!
  • JustRite inventory blowout -- JustRite is discontinuing all of their self-inking stampers! They are also discontinuing their Oval Stamper I Ensemble, Birthday Stamp Ensemble, and Oval Stamper I Blister Pack. We're offering a 30% discount on these items while supplies last.
  • New Twinkles deal - We have two new tiny twinkle carousels being released on Sunday! One is all clear rhinestones in various sizes and the other is Multi-colored twinkles in various shapes (stars, hearts, flowers, teardrops, squares, etc.). When you purchase one of each of the new twinkles, you will receive the multi-colored round twinkles FREE.
  • The Perfect Package – Taylor is showcasing a project she made for her mom for Mother's Day using the large perfect package
  • TE Newsletter – have you signed up for it??  The sign up  widget is on the sidebar of the homepage.  The newletter is  chock full of inspiration and of course you will be the first to know about all the new products and sales at the TE Store!

LASTLY, check out the awesome creations the Baker’s Dozen Design team have to share today – they’re projects have been ROCKIN’!! 

Taylor VanBruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Denise Marzec
Jen Del Muro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Laura Frederickson
Lori Schmidlin
Sankari Wegman
Pin It

13 comments on "Taylored Expressions Release Day!"

Dawn Easton on 10:07 AM CDT said...

Get out! LOL! Those bricks look AMAZING Donna...wowzers girl...what an awesome scene you have created here!!

Karen Motz on 10:54 AM CDT said...

And you SHOULD be proud of this card...it's GORGEOUS!!! The scene you created is stunning, and I didn't even notice the bricks are crooked til I read it in your post. :)

Jodi Collins on 12:08 PM CDT said...

WOW! WOW WOW WOW!! You are a ROCKSTAR girl! Your coloring is AWESOME on this! I LOVE LOVE this card!!!

jacque4u2c on 1:33 PM CDT said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) on 3:23 PM CDT said...

Donna - I think you've outdone yourself with this card. I loved it so much that I went ahead and purchased this stamp set just now. Thanks so much for the inspiration.

Denise Marzec on 6:14 PM CDT said...

Donna!!! Those bushes are AWESOME!!!!!

Christi Flores on 7:31 PM CDT said...

This is fantastic Donna!!!

Carolina on 2:45 AM CDT said...

Your card is gorgeous! One of my favorite things to do when I travel, is to take pics of windows that have window boxes and this card is just picture perfect by dear friend! Love it!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 6:19 AM CDT said...

ADORABLE card, Donna and your coloring is fabulous!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 8:15 AM CDT said...

Incredible! You made that new stamp look like a million bucks. Your scene is SOOOOooooooh sweet. I'd like to live in that little house, lol. ;O) Happy Monday!

Taylor on 11:09 AM CDT said...

Totally fabulous, Donna! Your brick house is amazing and I love the bushes!!

Karen Giron on 12:31 PM CDT said...

Wow-wee, Donna! Your coloring is absolutely fantastic! This card is beautiful, I love the flower box.

Melanie on 11:52 AM CDT said...

very cool bricks!

Post a Comment