Friday, April 10, 2009

TECC63: Marrakech Blooms


TECC63 bouquet

Happy Good Friday y’all – here I am with another installment of Taylor’s Cupcake Challenge; I have to admit I struggled with this one, but I’m not blaming her sketch-it’s a great one!  I think it was my choice of papers/embellishments.  My first idea was to make a floral ground cover scene with flowers from the Fresh Flowers by Taylored Expressions, my next idea was to use my new Basic Grey Marrakech paper I got from Limelight Papercrafts which are gorgeous, rich Morrocan-inspired papers!  But I believe my choice of paper was a little too busy for my floral scene and big prima layered flowers.  But on second thought, I do think it still works!  But I didn’t think that until I made a 2nd card…

  TECC63 marakech

This one is a little more muted, I just stamped a few flowers from the set on my main panel, put the Masala Bella paper on the center panel, which is less prominent.  Then, I replaced the big bloom with a matching big button.  For some reason after I made this card, I liked the first one better but now I have 2 cards instead of one – a happy accident! 

TECC63

How about a sweet Spring Treat? Taylor is giving away a FREE Tiny Twinkles to one random winner from among all the people who upload their sketch challenge cards to Paper CraftPlanet using the same TECC63 keyword. So hop on over and upload your card at PaperCraftPlanet and you could be the winner of some cute twinkle bling! Its as easy as that!!!   Be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog and leave a link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so she can check it out!  You must have your creation uploaded by Monday, April 13 at 10:00 a.m. CST to be eligible for the featured cupcake sampler honors. Lastly, be sure to have FUN creating!

Be sure to check out the other Cupcake Crew’s Creations:

Taylor Van Bruggen
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Stephanie Hargis
Vicki Chrisman

Today we have Joan Ervin as our Featured Cupcake Sampler!! Hope y’all have a fantastic Friday! 

Pin It

22 comments on "TECC63: Marrakech Blooms"

Lynn Mercurio on 10:02 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna...how spectacular. Such beautiful colors which are only enhanced by that fabulous flower. Awesome job (as always)! :)

Happy Easter!

Taylor on 10:07 AM CDT said...

Very pretty, Donna! Love your flower garden!

Jami on 10:34 AM CDT said...

I actually think that first card does work - it's busy but in a FUN-lots-to-see kinda way! :)

Stephanie Hargis on 10:37 AM CDT said...

I actually love both of these cards! The funny thing is, I really like how busy the first one is! :D I personally think you did a fantastic job!

Jackie Pedro on 11:09 AM CDT said...

I don't think the first card is too busy...it's so pretty!! Your second card wonderful!! Happy Easter!!

Unknown on 11:47 AM CDT said...

Wow, now that's one colourful card, love that flower to. Yep everything about it is yum! :-) wishing you a very happy easter. xx

Melody on 12:24 PM CDT said...

Such a pretty card! I love your color combo. I have the paper. I will have to get it out!

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) on 2:18 PM CDT said...

Donna - these are marvelous! I adore the bold bright colors that coordiante beautifully with your flowers. What darling cards!

Julia Aston on 2:37 PM CDT said...

Very pretty cards Donna! I do favor the first one the most - it looks like a window on a pretty garden!

Denise Marzec on 5:41 PM CDT said...

Beeeeeeee-autiful, Donna!

Unknown on 6:32 PM CDT said...

Donna, these are beautiful, as usual. Have a wonderful weekend and a blessed Easter.

Angie Tieman on 11:17 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards, Donna! Love the springy look!

Rose Ann on 11:39 PM CDT said...

Both are very beautiful, Donna!! Doesn't look like you struggled at all!!

(I hope your DH is doing well. Hugs!!)

Jessie/knightrone on 12:57 PM CDT said...

I think they are both lovely as always!!

Lori on 1:10 PM CDT said...

So very pretty!!!

Nita on 2:30 AM CDT said...

very pretty card! Thank you for your kind words about the egg carton on cards of maria´s blog. I really appreciate it.
stamping hugs
Nita

Dawn Easton on 9:44 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card! Love the flowers!!!
Happy Easter to you and your family!

Cat Tidwell on 9:44 AM CDT said...

So very gorgeous Donna! Love the colors on this!

Hope you are having a wonderful Happy Easter!

hugggsss
Cat

Lee on 6:37 PM CDT said...

Oh I LUV these flowers!!! Soooo gorgeous with the Marrakech!!!

Kristie W. on 9:54 PM CDT said...

I love your cards! Especially the first one, the flowers go so well with that paper and I love the big flowers at the top.

Anjou Krelovich on 10:49 AM CDT said...

Beautiful! The paper goes so well with those happy flowers!

Beth aka BR-T on 11:26 PM CDT said...

I am drooling over the first image! BR-T

Post a Comment