Monday, April 20, 2009

Gina K. Sneak Peek: Guiding Light & Wee Tees


shadow box & bookmark

Our first sneak peek is Guiding Light, a beautiful lighthouse,  seashore set with wonderful sentiments illustrated by Rupa Shevde. For my project, I made a shadowbox card and coordinating laminated bookmark for a dear friend who loves lighthouses! 

shadow box lighthouse 

Here is a closeup of the card.  I used the new Jersey Shore digital paper pack created for this release (the paper is called Sunlit Ocean but I used it for my background, I thought it was perfect for it).  The gold cardstock I used is Mica/Metallic by Papertemptress.  I used the weathered background from the Bold Flowers set from the Floral Frenzy stamp kit, which will be available for purchase separately soon. 

bookmark closeup

Here is a closeup of the bookmark, which will be very durable since it’s laminated.  I used natural hemp cord & tied a lighthouse charm on the end.   I know my friend is going to love this since not only does she adore lighthouses, she also loves to read! 

joseph arrival 

This next sweet set illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger is called Wee Tees.  We all know and love her Little Tees set, and now we have one for the babies & kids with so many adorable images & sentiments for countless combinations for cards, projects and scrapbook pages which is what I am sharing with you.  This is a 6 x 6 inch page I made for my nephew’s arrival last May.  Since he will be one year next month, it was about time I got started on his first year!  I used a simply scrapping kit by SU! Rock-a-Bye Boy, so I paper-pieced the onesie with paper from it. 

auntie nino page

On this next page, I did the same, but since it wasn’t a busy onesie, I was able to stamp one of the many sentiments in the set!  We were so blessed to arrive in CA on the day he was born (but it was too late in the evening to see him so we had to wait until the next day).  It is hard to believe this baby, so small & tiny looks like this now!  Isn’t he adorable?  I love his curly top hair!   Only 4 1/2 weeks and we will get to love & hug on him!  Can’t wait!!

joey tongue 

Be sure to check out sneak peeks from Gina K. and the design team through Thursday and join us for our new release party in the evening, April 23 7:00-10:00 p.m. CST. 

Gina, Asela, Carolyn, Cindy, Emily, Erika, Jessica, Joanne, Kurtis
Melanie, Theresa and our In the Spotlight Designer Beverly Cole.

Special Guest Designers for Wee Tees: Libby Hickson and Laura Jean Nygard

Pin It

25 comments on "Gina K. Sneak Peek: Guiding Light & Wee Tees"

Theresa Momber on 12:17 AM CDT said...

Fabulous projects, Donna! That shadow box is stunning!

Cat Tidwell on 5:41 AM CDT said...

OMG Donna! That lighthouse set is just gorgeous! Love how you used the paper for the bg and the bookmark with the charm is so very awesome!

The scrapbook pages are too cute! I just love those onesies!

Carolyn King on 6:31 AM CDT said...

wonderful. What a cute scrapbook page....LOVE that shadow box!

Terri Trotter Earley on 6:43 AM CDT said...

Fabulous scrapbook page and really fun dimension on your card.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Anonymous said...

SWEET! I love both cards. Beautiful work. The coloring is amazing. And that bundle of joy is precious!!!

Sharri on 7:55 AM CDT said...

Donna, I love your 3-d projects! The shadow box is beautiful as is the bookmark!
Your pages are darling!

Melanie on 8:18 AM CDT said...

gorgeous book mark! your nephew is a CU-TEE!

Selma on 8:32 AM CDT said...

Donna I love this shadow box card and bookmark. Your scrapbook page is so cute using Melanie's Wee Tees set. Yes, your nephew is a cutie.

Paula Laird on 8:47 AM CDT said...

Your lighthouse card and bookmark are gorgeous! I love the scrapbook pages! Your nephew is a cutie!

Lisa H. on 9:19 AM CDT said...

Your 3-D projects are fantastic! I love seeing what you come up with! Your nephew is such a cutie-pie, he's gonna be a heart breaker!

Tamara on 10:38 AM CDT said...

Great work on these projects. I am especially impressed with the shadow box card.

Cindy Lawrence on 11:14 AM CDT said...

Just beautiful, Donna! Love the sweet printed onesies, and that shadowbox is to DIE for! I haven't made one of those in a looong time...gonna have to try another one! All of your projects are just awesome, girl! :)

Jan Castle on 11:17 AM CDT said...

Very nicely done!!!! I'll have to give this a try.
Jan Castle

Beverly on 1:43 PM CDT said...

Hey Donna!! I love the shadow box - excellent choice for this set. I love that you cut out those seagulls.. aren't all of the images in the set great! I also love the scrapbook page... they sure do grow waaay too fast.

Libby Hickson on 2:20 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna, your shadow box and bookmark are just GORGEOUS!! And I love your pages, too cute. As you saw, I'm so thrilled to be playing with Wee Tees!! LOVE IT!!! :-)

Suz on 3:46 PM CDT said...

Wow what a project! Thanks for your inspiration

buggin2stamp on 6:34 PM CDT said...

Donna, your shadow box is beautifully done. And your nephew is adorable.

Lori on 6:49 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card and tag! Your nephew is adorable, wow they sure grow fast.

Casmiles on 7:33 PM CDT said...

Donna - I love your lighthouse card. Beautiful and serene.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card and bookmark. Just breath-taking!

Denise Marzec on 8:23 PM CDT said...

OH MY WORD, I love this guiding light set!! Your shadow box card and bookmark are SOOOOOOO BEAUTIFULLY DONE! Love Love LOVE them, Donna!

Jennie on 8:26 PM CDT said...

This shadow box looks great, love the crackle background! Also love the scrapbook page..so sweet!

Alex on 8:29 PM CDT said...

These projects really showcase those new sets - they are just gorgeous, Donna!!! I love that lighthouse set, it's a must-have for me, and the layout is totally cute! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown on 7:01 AM CDT said...

EEEK!!! Your shadow box card is stunning, Donna!! I love your scrapbook pages too! Awesome!

Carolina on 1:31 PM CDT said...

Oh my gush, look at that adorable pic of Joseph!!! He looks adorable and like a little boy no longer a baby...so cute! Love the scrap page you made of the first time you and John met him.

Your shadow box card is just stunning!!! I just knew you would rock the sneak peeks - you never disappoint!

Post a Comment