Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gina K. Sneak Peek: Notes to Mom & Nurse Feelgood


CC215 rose for mom

Each month, Gina K. brings out a unique set that you get for Free when you purchase 3 sets. This month it’s a beautiful set in tribute to Moms called Notes to Mom; how perfect with Mother’s Day right around the corner. I thought it would be a wonderful addition to Melanie’s A Year of Flowers set (my favorite, the rose). I paired it with Emily’s new digital paper called Softly Spring, which is a gorgeous array of patterned soft pinks & grays. I made my card with yesterday’s color challenge on {SCS CC215} - Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette & Rose Red.

What would we do (be) without the love & support of our moms?? I have my mom to thank for my creative nature; I remember one year for Mother’s Day, we made potted plants with dirt cake inside clay pots & stuck silk flowers in them for my friends who were moms. They loved them! I know she would adore my stamped creations and be so proud.

world's greatest nurse

Some of my readers know I lost my mom to Congestive Heart Failure as a result of a diagnosis of Lung Cancer just 8 days before she died, July 1996. It was a real difficult time with her in and out of the hospital for about 9 months prior. Had it not been for the support of my sisters, friends, church family and my faith in God-it would have been more difficult to endure. One of the blessings that came out of that time was a special nurse that God brought to her/us. Her name is Ann and she is the first person I thought of when I saw Carolyn’s new Nurse Feelgood set; I knew I was going to make a card for Ann to thank her for her caretaking and love for our mom & us in the days and years that followed her death.

donnellys

Ann was so quick to hug on each of us girls when she was on shift at the hospital during our visits and brief us on her condition {more than the Doctors did sometimes}. We were so grateful she would talk with our mom, pray with her and it was no surprise she was there when she died to comfort us and wanted to attend her funeral. She has been a part of our family since. Here is a picture of her & her family at Easter this year (her husband Jim is the head anesthesiologist at the hospital he works at). I know our mom would have loved her children and it’s a source of heartache she missed out on knowing my niece & nephew. My card is simple-straightforward, no frills-well except for my brand new Spellbinders Labels 4 dies which I got at Taylored Expressions! Just the perfect layering touch for this white on white car. Also you may notice once you see the set, I made Ann’s hair longer & put on boobs (after all she is nursing her daughter-ha!) This card is long over-due to thank Ann for being the World’s Greatest Nurse!

Don’t forget we have one more day of sneak peeks & our release party is scheduled for Thursday, April 23 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. CST in the Gina K. Forum on SCS.

Here are links to all the other sneak peeks out there by the wonderful Gina K. Design Team:

Gina, Asela, Carolyn, Cindy, Emily, Erika, Jessica, Joanne, Kurtis,Melanie, Theresa
Beverly Cole {In the Spotlight Designer}

Pin It

18 comments on "Gina K. Sneak Peek: Notes to Mom & Nurse Feelgood"

emilymomto3boys on 12:09 AM CDT said...

WOW! That flower is just beautifully colored Donna!!

Chef Mama Lori on 12:52 AM CDT said...

Donna, your Mom's day card is so pretty and your nurse card is just precious. What a blessing to know Ann was with your mom in those last days here on earth.

Unknown on 3:53 AM CDT said...

Hey Donna, yep some folks really are angels in disguise,lost my dad in a very similar way, hugs to you. Gorgeous cards.

Melanie on 5:02 AM CDT said...

boobs, ha! love the pink outfit! thanks for sharing about Ann...
hugs!

Anonymous said...

Sweet story about the kind nurse in your lives. Your cards are amazing.. thanks for showing them to us !

Diane on 6:49 AM CDT said...

Very pretty card, so sorry your Mom isn't here to share your lovely family with you, I lost my Dad when he was 58, so every year Father;s Day is hard for me, but both my son's are fathers now, so I focus on that! Keep up the good work...I love your blog!!!

Sharri on 7:22 AM CDT said...

Donna, your cards are very pretty! Ann sounds like a wonderful nurse! Thank you for sharing her with us!

Tina on 9:05 AM CDT said...

Your flower is gorgeous, Donna!! And I love that pink on our new favorite nurse!!

Cat Tidwell on 9:24 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna, what gorgeous cards you have my dear! LOL! I just love the rose one, such beautiful coloring, and the nurse one, sooo very pretty in that pink and white! LOVE it!

Ila on 10:52 AM CDT said...

Both cards are Beautiful!! and TFS..the lovely story about your Mother and the kind nurse...Hugs, Ila

JessicaK on 12:25 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards and fab coloring on these, Donna.

Christina Fischer on 2:09 PM CDT said...

Donna, your Mother's Day card is beautiful, and your Nurse's card is wonderful in white-on-white! Thanks for sharing the story about Ann!

Beverly on 2:34 PM CDT said...

Wowsa!! Awesome cards Donna.. I love the softness of the Notes to Mom card - it is gorgeous!

Lori on 5:35 PM CDT said...

I agree, Donna, nurses are angels on earth! Your mom card is really pretty, the rose is yummy. I'm always a little sad on mothers day, I don't even have a DMIL. I'll borrow my BFF's mom this year, my DD already calls her grammy anyway. Smiles!

Carolyn King on 9:52 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous cards...what a beautiful angel you had in Ann! I am sure your mom is so proud of you and your amazing talent! Love your cards girl! Thank you!

Angie Tieman on 10:11 PM CDT said...

Love that elegant mom card! So classy! Precious nurse card too!

Denise Marzec on 9:04 PM CDT said...

Your coloring on that flower is OUTSTANDING! Awesome, girl!!

Rose Ann on 12:40 PM CDT said...

Stunning card, and your coloring is so amazing...Donna!! I'm go glad you had Ann there for your Mom and you and the family!! That is such a sweet card you've made for her!!

Post a Comment