Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gina K. Sneak Peek: Out West & Friendship’s Garden


horse silhouette

Out West brings a wonderful collection of western images and sentiments drawn by our own Gina K. Sr. Design team member, Theresa Momber (the woman can draw!!)  I drew inspiration for my card from this one by Anna Wight.  I stamped the horse on Gina K pure luxury layering weight cardstock and colored him in using copics.  I then put a small border around the horse to create a border like Anna did in her post and sponged Distress inks in red brick, tea dye and vintage photo.  I layered the horse image on my awesome new Chocolate Kiss cardstock that Gina K will be releasing this Thursday and layered on top of kraft cardstock.  Under the horse image is another new product Gina will be releasing this week called Nautical Netting, which I thought would be real nice on this card and finished it with a silver charm I had in my stash. 

card & bookmark

Friendship’s Blessing is another beautiful floral set illustrated by Asela.  I chose to show you the potted plant Miltonia Orchid (click to see the plant I drew inspiration from and made a matching soldered charm bookmark for me!!

bookmark closeup

I have been waiting for just the right small floral set so I could try my hand at soldering, which was one of my goals for this year.  It is my first piece and it took me quite a while to make but I think it’s pretty decent for my first one.  I followed the online tutorial for soldering by Ellen Hutson which was easy to follow.  I attached the whisper white organza ribbon by SU! for the ribbon, which is tucked into the book I am currently reading. 

Be sure to check out all the sneak peek samples by the rest of the design team today and come back for more through Thursday, our release day! 

Gina, Asela, Carolyn, CindyEmily, Erika, Jessica, Joanne, Kurtis, Melanie, Theresa
Beverly Cole {In the Spotlight Designer}
Cathy Tidwell {Theresa’s Guest Designer} 
Jen Del Muro {with a sneak peek of Wee Tees}. 

Pin It

19 comments on "Gina K. Sneak Peek: Out West & Friendship’s Garden"

Alex on 12:23 AM CDT said...

ACK!!! I HAVE to have that new western set, it is totally calling my name!! Love your cards Donna, these previews are fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melanie on 12:28 AM CDT said...

cool silhouette, great idea!!
the soldering turned out aweseome, you should sell these!!

Diane on 5:58 AM CDT said...

Great job on both cards, and that bookmark...beautiful!!!

Cat Tidwell on 6:25 AM CDT said...

Oooo I am loving that horse, love how you did the sponging on it! And the flowers and bookmark, WOW, that is just stunning Donna! Your soldering is already beautiful to me! What an gorgeous bookmark. I agree with Mel, you should sell those!

Beverly on 6:33 AM CDT said...

OMGoodness!! You are SO talented!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love it love it love it! So pretty.

Unknown on 7:00 AM CDT said...

Donna!!! Your projects are so beautiful! I love how you showcased Asela's set - how pretty! Your rustic horse card is stunning - the colors are so rich and vibrant.

I hope you have a good day today, my friend! You are in my prayers for a job soon...

Sharri on 7:26 AM CDT said...

Donna, Its all just beautiful! I love how you previewed both sets!

Theresa Momber on 7:33 AM CDT said...

Wow! I love how you created a silhouette! Gorgeous background. That bookmark is amazing! I am with Mel, you could sell those.

Tamara on 7:46 AM CDT said...

Great idea to use the horse as a silhouette.

Chriss Blagrave on 7:55 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards, so talented. Love that you coloured the orchid to look like a real miltonia! Very realistic. Anxious to see the rest of this set!

Jennie on 8:57 AM CDT said...

These cards are just beautiful! I love the silhouette horse one and the floral cards using Asela's new set and Gorgeous! Love the soldering for the bookmarl.

Carolyn King on 10:22 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous horse card and flower....LOVE the soldering..havent tried that YET...but yours looks fabulous!

Ila on 11:46 AM CDT said...

The horse card is Fabulous...and the flower card is Beautiful!!...Your soldered bookmark is Gorgeous and So Professional!!..I've never seen or tried anything like it before......Hugs, Ila

buggin2stamp on 12:19 PM CDT said...

Donna, your cards are amazing and I love that flower bookmark.

Carolina on 1:34 PM CDT said...

Thud! Seriously you have got to put those bookmarks on Etsy!!! Love your western card as well, but you did an amazing job at soldering...so funny because I finally got my kit out and have been playing around with it, but can't post it until May since it's a Mother's Day gift. Anyway, can't wait to tonight for the next round of sneak peeks!

Thinking of you...hope you're hanging in there - hugs & love!

Lori on 2:17 PM CDT said...

Great bookmark and matching card! I also love the horse silhouette, card.

Melisa Waldorf on 4:01 PM CDT said...

Love that charm!!

Kathy K on 4:39 PM CDT said...

Beautiful, Donna. And OMG That charm is SO SO AWESOME!!!!!

Post a Comment