Thursday, August 23, 2007

Beautiful Blooms Gratitude Journal




First of all, let me say I had SO much fun stamping with my NEW Papertrey Ink stamp set Beautiful Blooms! I had inky fingers galore when I finished because I realized I could use my FINGER instead of an acrylic block with the itty bitty stamps! There's no trace of the venture this morning except on my messy desk *wink*
I went shopping at Target for my favorite adhesive (Scotch Quick Dry) and they were out! drats. Anyway, so perusing the scrapbooking aisle, there were a LOT of clearance items! I got this cute journal (2 for $2.49) with snaps that I just KNEW would match Purely Pomegranate! I plan to get some more soon.

I chose my colors based on the new FIRE Velvet Blossoms that I got at PTI. How cute & yummy are they? I am ALL over texture (I've been known to feel on people when they have a soft shirt or blouse on & HAVE to touch soft clothes, blankets, etc in the stores!!) Anyway, I knew for sure I wanted to make a bookmark to go with it...so this is what I did! I ended up using the SU Color Combo site (use ALL the time) for colors to match Purely Pomegranate & Pumpkin Pie. I added Old Olive, Taken With Teal & More Mustard for a FALL look. I am SO looking forward to that season!
I 'kissed' the polka dot, polka dot cluster & plaid stamps onto the solid stamp to texturize the flowers. I LOVED how that looked! I also noticed I need to stamp the solid flower before the outline or else I won't get them alighned right (which proves I NEED to get an OTT light one of these days).
To make my bookmark, I punched a hole in one of the petals with my Crop-A-Dile & layered the flowers with my crystal effects & added a bling brad (wish I'd had the FIRE ones that SU! carries, but I only bought ICE so far). Oh well...then added a jump ring & threaded my Tangerine Grosgrain ribbon & tied in a loop.
I think is by far one of my FAVORITE altered things I've done in a while. What do you think?

By the way...I do plan to use this as I love to keep my blessings at hand & will jot them down as I think of them. My first thing to write is how grateful I am to Nichole Heady & the rest of the Papertrey gals & design team for coming up with awesome products & ideas for inspiration!
Pin It

6 comments on "Beautiful Blooms Gratitude Journal"

Unknown on 11:24 AM CDT said...

Isn't that Scotch Quick Dry the best?
Love the journal, the colors are fab and I love the bookmark, great idea!

Nicole on 2:49 PM CDT said...

Beautiful!!
I am SO going to Target tomorrow so I can make one for myself ;)
Nicole
http://stampinlibrarygirl.blogspot.com/

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings on 2:53 PM CDT said...

Simply adorable! Great work!

Ashley on 10:53 AM CDT said...

After hearing Shelly talk about a Gratitude Journal I've been thinking that I need one. Your's is lovely and an inspiration.

Take care!

Bev Gerard on 9:40 PM CDT said...

Yumma, yumma! Love your sassy colors and design!

~Tex

Cedar Creek on 10:01 PM CST said...

That little notebook is AWESOME! You are so creative! I talked about gratitude today in group. I learned that many times we are thankful, but we don't always express it to those we are thankful for. It seems this journal can help anyone remember the good times and let others know how important they are to them!

Post a Comment