Thursday, February 25, 2010

Gina K. mid-month illustrator blog hop!


Gina K. and the design team have a special dream birds hop mid-month hop  to share creations made using all our February stamp sets released!  Here I have a fun Dream Birds card to share with you that is one of my favorites I made!  The whimsical spring-like set was illustrated by Asela Hopkins. I used one of my all-time favorite techniques, paper-piecing which is one reason I love line art images!  I used Basic Grey Sugar Rush paper which is a great compliment to the 2 colors I chose for our challenge of using any of the Spring Collection colors-Lemon Drop & Crème de Menthe and Soft Sand is my neutral. 

dream birds hop close upHere is a close up of the paper-piecing of the small bird and flowers.  I put a small rhinestone inside all of the flowers. 
The ribbon I used is from the Spring Collection as well, the green organdy ribbon is so delicate, I thought it was a fun addition to the open space I had in between the Spring scene I made without taking any attention away from the images. 

For all the details (AND *SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT*) 
on this exciting blog hop event, please check out GinaK's blog

Here are all the designers joining in the hop tonight featuring February's new stamp sets:

Carolyn King
Cathy Tidwell
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin
Jessica Fick
Lee Murphy
Kurtis Amundson
Melanie Muenchinger
Nina Brackett
Tami Mayberry
Theresa Momber

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!  

Pin It

16 comments on "Gina K. mid-month illustrator blog hop!"

Lee on 10:34 PM CST said...

Oh gosh this is just sooo adorable!!!!

Karen (TLgirl353) on 10:44 PM CST said...

Donna- what a sweet card!

joy on 10:53 PM CST said...

Darling scene you have created! Love the paper piecing!

Theresa Momber on 11:32 PM CST said...

So, so cute, Donna!

NinaB on 3:08 AM CST said...

I love your paper pieced birds, Donna. So pretty.

asela on 6:31 AM CST said...

Precious!

Cat Tidwell on 6:59 AM CST said...

This is so awesome Donna! Love your scene you created!

Carolyn King on 8:23 AM CST said...

super cute. love how you did the flower centers!

Melissa on 1:02 PM CST said...

What a cute card Donna! I love the little paper pieced birdie!

Giovana on 1:13 PM CST said...

Cutest card I've seen. Wonderful work Donna.

Rose Ann on 1:24 PM CST said...

This is so adorable, Donna...and your piecing looks wonderful!!

Linda D. said...

Love the sweet card. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

buggin2stamp on 7:31 PM CST said...

Very pretty Donna. This set is my favorite and I love what you did with it.

Jennie on 10:08 PM CST said...

This is so cute Donna! Love the coloring and paper piecing.

Lori on 9:45 AM CST said...

Love the paper piecing, Donna! This is a cheerful card, spring is coming!

Keri Lee Sereika on 7:22 PM CST said...

So sweet Donna! Love the button at the top!

Post a Comment