Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Missing Chica


cat thank you

I was finally emotionally ready to ink up the kitty image in Theresa’s new set for Gina K. Designs Purrr-fectly Delightful.  After having to put our sweet Chica to sleep last month the week before Christmas, made this set bitter sweet for me.  When I was finally ready to stamp with it, I made a thank you card to give to our vet who took care of her for the past 2 1/2 years.  I used Cosmo Cricket nutmeg paper and pure luxury cardstock in Green Apple, Chocolate Kiss and layering weight ivory.  I finished off my card with a handmade crochet flower. 

chica blessings

Here are the thoughtful cards and gifts we received in the weeks to follow from our vet.  Everyone in the office signed the card on the left and as if that wasn’t enough, they sent us this wall plaque with Chica’s paw prints, how special is that?  I cried almost as much as I did the day we made that really hard decision, mostly from the grief I still had, but also out of gratitude for this wonderful memento of our sweet Chica who we had for 9 years, and was part of our family.  The picture of her on the right is one I enclosed in the card to them.  They have albums in their office of cards they’ve received from other customers so I’m sure mine will be placed in there too, along with her photo.  We are so blessed to have been able to take her back with us and took her out to our property to bury her after – I am sad she won’t be able to live in our next house, I know she would have loved it.  But at least she will be with us in spirit and memories. 

DSCN0225

Here is a card I received from Beth Scott who read about Chica on StampTV.  Isn’t that so sweet of her?  She has animals herself, so she completely understands how deeply sad I was over Chica and wanted to let me know she was thinking of me.  She also has had to make the difficult decision we did.  I am so grateful.  Thank you, Beth if you’re reading my blog! 

Thanks for stopping by today!!

Pin It

7 comments on "Missing Chica"

Rose Ann on 3:07 PM CST said...

((((Donna))))...Your card is so very sweet, and beautifully colored! What thoughtful gifts and cards you've received as well.

Lori on 5:59 PM CST said...

Sending you hugs, Donna. I recently lost my beloved Cosmo the crazy dog and know all too well how you're feeling. I got a similar memento from the emergency animal hospital that cared for him in his final hours and a special card from his regular vet. I'm trying to remember the good times, but I miss him lots. On a happier note, it was so nice to meet you in person at CHA!

Theresa Momber on 6:11 PM CST said...

Donna, what a beautiful, beautiful card. The coloring on your kitty is perfect. What a special memento that wall plaque is, along with the wonderful cards. {{{big hugs}}}

Carolyn King on 6:50 PM CST said...

that is so sweet Donna...your card is lovely....and what a sweet gift from the vet---Now you have a reminder of chica to have forever.

Hugs girl....

Cat Tidwell on 7:18 AM CST said...

What an awesome card Donna! And giving you another big ole hug, you know i understand what you are going through too!! hugsssssss

Lori on 6:39 PM CST said...

A very beautiful card, Donna. What a wonderful memento from your vet. Reading this and seeing you photo of Chica, reminds me of how much we still miss our baby boy. My eyes welled up, I know just how you feel. Our pets are our family.

Anonymous said...

Crying with you!

Post a Comment