Sunday, February 28, 2010

Get ‘Whale’ Soon


get whale soon

Here is a card I made combining 2 SCS challenges this week!  I used the sketch challenge {SC269} from Wednesday and the new Free For All {F4A1) posted on Thursdays!  It was to use texture {I chose ric rac trim and bling} and at least ONE color that I NORMALLY don’t use (purple, which used to be my favorite color a long long time ago), and the third part, which was OPTIONAL to use some patterned paper (but that was easy!)

I have had this idea in my head for a few weeks now and finally got around to using the cute Whales in Love image with just one whale and use a play on words to Get Whale Soon – ha!  The ‘get soon’ is from the Doctor’s Orders set.  I used Cosmo Cricket Snorkel collection and prism papers Baby Blue Light, Majestic Purple Dark and Blush red light. 

Can you believe February is over today?  The year is going by fast, just like last year! 

Pin It

7 comments on "Get ‘Whale’ Soon"

Casmiles on 1:37 PM CST said...

Donna - I LOVE this card...I find it odd now that I haven't seen that play on words before - it fits perfectly. The colors are great too!

Lori on 2:03 PM CST said...

I love purple! This is so pretty, Donna. Great job on the water, and coloring over all. The ric rac is so subtle, love it.

Michelle L. on 4:07 PM CST said...

Love how you used just one of the whales - it really adds versatility to that stamp. Great card.

Melissa Sauls on 9:51 PM CST said...

OMG this is suuuuuper clever Donna!!! Oh and just so darling!! When I read it, I totally had an "aha" moment!! Love it! Now why didn't I think of that?! :)

Alex on 10:17 AM CST said...

Totally super cute Donna, I love the papers and the colors and the whale is adorable!! Another great card, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

How cool. Great job on this one. I don't know how you do it as I have not make a card this week and I don't work full time and carry a full load at school. you amaze me.

Vanessa on 3:44 PM CST said...

I love everything about this card. . .the layers, the colors, the image, the sentiment. . .it's just darn cute!

Post a Comment