Monday, April 19, 2010

Gina K. Preview Day 2: Quite the Catch & Gone Fishing


I'm yours

Welcome to Day  2 previews!!  Today I have 2 samples to share with you.  The first uses Gina K.’s new set Quite the Catch (when you purchase this super cute Summery Under the Sea set you get a free card kit!)  I used the super sexy girl fish with big eyes for my card and on this one I am showing a lot more of our new Turquoise Sea cardstock, embossed with the bubbles embossing folder.  I added the little worm on a hook from Best Fishes since the sentiment is ‘I’m yours hook line & sinker'!  I had a lot of fun coloring this fish vixen with copics to coordinate with the papers I used with the turquoise sea, lovely lavender and vibrant violet – isn’t it a fun combination?  fish closeup

Here’s a close up of my fish vixen so you can see the sparkle from the sakura glaze pens – I gave her purple colored mascara (have you ever had colored mascara? I used to wear it.

 

 

eat sleep fish

Here is the card I made using the new set illustrated by Theresa Momber called Gone Fishing.  It is a wonderful realistic fishing set that is perfect in time for Father’s Day!  Ever struggle with making masculine cards?  Well, this one will be great for those men in your life, especially those who like to fish!  I know my father-in-law will LOVE the cards I make him using this set!  I stamped the fisherman on the end of the pier with memento rich cocoa ink on kraft cardstock.  On the bottom green apple cardstock, I embossed with the distressed stripes cuttlebug folder but then decided to put some nautical netting over it and embellish with a cut out fish from the set.  I think that sentiment is great (but of course it’s not my mantra) for someone who loves to fish!

Designers participating in tonight's previews:

Don’t forget to mark your calendars for our release party this Thursday, April 22 on StampTV for 7:00-10:00 CDT.  There will be challenges, contest questions, chatter, as well as great samples from the Design Team members! All the new products will be available in Gina K's online store at 10pm.  Don’t miss out on all the fun!!

Pin It

16 comments on "Gina K. Preview Day 2: Quite the Catch & Gone Fishing"

joy on 10:14 PM CDT said...

The man standing on the dock is fantastic! Great colors in the hook, line & sinker card!!

Lee on 10:17 PM CDT said...

Beautiful silhouette scene on the dock!!!! And I love that frilly girlie fishie!!!

Bev Gerard on 10:29 PM CDT said...

Fabulous idea to stamp the fishing scene in earthy tones! I just might need that set ...

That little fishy diva is just flauntin' her stuff in these fab colors! Oh yeah!

(((hugs)))

Betty Benton on 10:45 PM CDT said...

You've created a gorgeous little fishie vixen! And a wonderful masculine card, too.

emilymomto3boys on 10:51 PM CDT said...

lovely job, Donna! The standing on the dock is great!

Becky on 11:57 PM CDT said...

Both of these are fabulous.

NinaB on 2:29 AM CDT said...

Both beautifully done, Donna.

Carla S. on 5:54 AM CDT said...

Great cards, Donna! Love the bright colors and details of your fun fishy! The silhouette scene with Theresa's set is wonderful!

Melanie on 6:58 AM CDT said...

you said sexy, hee hee!
great masculine card!

Beth S on 7:15 AM CDT said...

Fantastic cards. I have so much trouble doing masculine cards and the fisherman on the dock is wonderful. Great colours on the fish card.

Theresa Momber on 7:56 AM CDT said...

Awesome cards, Donna! You prettied up that sweet fish so beautifully! Love the fishing card!

Lagene on 9:17 AM CDT said...

Great cards!!

Linsey R on 1:44 PM CDT said...

Ohhh LOVE these cards, Donna! The sassy girl fish is sooo super cute and I think that lilac and blue color combo is just awesome!! Your masculine fishing card is just as fabulous--the simple craft/green/brown combo is perfection and that fish looks stunning! Youre talent is as inspiring as ever, dear friend! Can't wait to see what ya have for us tomorrow :D

Lori on 2:36 PM CDT said...

OMgosh! The little fishy girl card is fabulous! Love the colors. My nephew fishes and would love your gone fishin' card, too. Great cards, Donna.

Cat Tidwell on 10:52 PM CDT said...

oh that first one is just gorgeous, just he right sparkle Donna! LOVE the 2nd one too, very manly!

Unknown on 1:40 PM CDT said...

EEKS! These are both adorable!

Post a Comment