Tuesday, April 6, 2010

TE Sneak Peek Day 1: Creativi-TEA and Miniature Motifs


scarf gift

I’m so excited about this month’s Taylored Expressions release and I’m sure you will be too!

Nancy has illustrated the prettiest tea set and miniature motif background sets that stand alone and coordinate nicely together! I have a pretty gift set to share with you that I made to give my sweet friend and design team member, Carolina for her birthday!  I bought some ultra soft ivory knit material and stamped one of the background images in the Miniature Motifs in the set on it with old olive craft ink (heat set it), then hand sewed on a little crochet trim I got in the TE store (it’s sold out right now but there are some wonderful trims you can see here).

Here is a closer view of the card I made, it’s a little more frilly and card & tin close upfeminine than I usually make (I’m no Melissa Sauls after all) but I like how quickly it went together and how it looks! The label in the set coordinates with Spellbinders Labels 9.  I stamped one of the background images in the Miniature Motifs directly on some Basic Grey Origins paper.    I love the flower in the Creativi-TEA set, I used the paper-tole technique on the centers.  These sets will make wonderful cards & gifts for Mother’s Day, anyone who loves feminine images, tea and more!!

tin topAvailable this release will be some Here’s a close up of the top of the tin so you can see the pretty scallop square I added a Missing You sentiment to along with a few tiny pearls.



Be sure to check out all the wonderful projects the Baker’s Dozen has to share with us today:
Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jeanie Witmer
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
Nancy McKinney (our awesome illustrator)
Taylor Van Bruggen

Hope you have a great day – be sure to stop back tomorrow for Day 2 sneak peeks!

Pin It

15 comments on "TE Sneak Peek Day 1: Creativi-TEA and Miniature Motifs"

Jodi Collins on 10:19 AM CDT said...

What a gorgeous set Donna! LOOOOOOVE the stamped scarf and the papers you used on the tin and card are just GORGEOUS!!! The paper tole on the flowers really makes them pop!!

Jami on 10:37 AM CDT said...

Donna - OH MY - you knocked it out of the park Girl! This set is so beautiful! That Carolina is one lucky gal! The scarf was such a wonderful idea!

Sankari W. on 10:49 AM CDT said...

WHAT!! You stamped on a scarf!! Girl that is so awesome that you can wear your TE creations!! LOVE it! Carolina is going to love this! The colors that you used are simply beautiful and you combined the sets so beautifully!!! Perfection!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

Karen Motz on 11:19 AM CDT said...

What a beautiful set Donna! The yellow and green colour combo is so cheery too!!!

Taylor on 11:23 AM CDT said...

Totally fun, Donna! I love the rich color combination and the beautiful stamped fabric...awesome idea and lucky Carolina!

Karen Giron on 1:38 PM CDT said...

I LOVE how you layered the Motifs with the lace - that is gorgeous!! And your tea tin is beautiful - I love this little set!

Lori on 2:59 PM CDT said...

You are so creative, Donna! This is a fantastic gift, Carolina is one lucky friend. How did your test go? I remember having to learn all about the brain and nerves, where they connected, what they did, how they functioned, all of that! [[my major was speech pathology]] I say a little prayer for you, I know you will do well!

Melissa Sauls on 6:31 PM CDT said...

Lucky Carolina indeed! Looooove that stamped scarf and i looove the card with the matching tin! My favorite is the green and yellow pattern you made... it's so absolutely gorgeous and ingenious as usual! I never think of using two colors like that lol!

The Spotted Chick on 4:51 AM CDT said...

OMG!!! Donna I LOVE this! Just stunning!!

samara on 8:13 AM CDT said...

Hi donna...when i saw that groovy little napkin i just had to read every single word you wrote! what a fantastic idea...it looks amazing. your colors are perf. so deep and delicious...just like tea steeping. i love what you have done as a gifti. your friend is vewy vewy lucki to have you as a generous friend. blessings donna!

Anonymous said...

So pretty Donna, frills look so good on you!

Carolina on 1:01 PM CDT said...

I feel beyond lucky...I get a Donna original! You have made my birthday one of the best yet. I love, love, love the scarf and promise to have Andy take pics of me wearing it soon...the big desicion is which hat to wear first with it! You seriously have spoiled me this year and words can't even begin to express how much I love our friendship and ever so thankful to be so blessed to have you in my life!

HUGS & LOVE!!!

TannyP on 1:23 PM CDT said...

Oh my goodness - I LOVE it! That is gorgeous - so perfectly colored and executed. Lovely work, Donna!

Rose Ann on 11:34 AM CDT said...

This is an absolute gorgeous set, Donna!! You just blow me away, girl!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 7:25 AM CDT said...

Just gorgeous, Donna! I LOVE what you did with the Miniature Motifs. . and the colors are fabulous!

Post a Comment