Thursday, April 22, 2010

Center of Attention Product Spotlight - Thickers


u rock frame

Today some of the Baker’s Dozen and Taylor are spotlighting a fun product, American Crafts Thickers letters!  There are approx. 125 self-adhesive letters in a variety of styles and symbols in each set for you to use on your cards, scrapbook pages or altered art which is what I have to share with you!  I used a dollar store frame to make a unique gift to give my rock star husband who is also my hero.  I used our current charity giving set, You’re my Hero and Rock Star key ingredients.   

I decided to show you a fun way to change the look of your letters if you happen to have some metal squares.  I covered them with it and sanded down the tops for a distressed look.  I made this in about an hour and presented it to him after, he liked how it turned out and will put it up in his office at work.   

Here’s a close up of the letters.  I look forward to using more of u rock close upthese letters on my cards & perhaps some scrapbook pages since they are so quick and fun to use as a substitute of a sentiment, or shorten a work like I did with you. Now you can try them out if you haven’t already, because each of our Center of Attention products will be on sale for a limited time following our product spotlight (April 22-25). This time we'll be offering a 15% discount on all Thickers! The Thickers I used are the polka dots – sorry I didn’t have time to make anything with them all by themselves but I’m sure I will in the future! 

Be sure to check out what the other gals have made for us to drool over:
Charmaine, Jodi, Karen G., Melissa and of course Taylor

Pin It

13 comments on "Center of Attention Product Spotlight - Thickers"

Taylor on 10:23 AM CDT said...

Super fun, Donna! Love your 'u rock' piece! Looks like You're My Hero was the set of choice for most of the girls today... GMTA! :)

Karen Giron on 11:47 AM CDT said...

How fun, Donna! It's so funny that most of us used this set - I LOVE what you did with your Thickers - brilliant!!!

Alex on 1:00 PM CDT said...

this card screams fun Donna, I love it!!! And, you have given me an idea - so I hope you don't mind if I CASE?? Love those letters and now I know what to do with my grey embossing powder, lol!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Karen Motz on 1:14 PM CDT said...

What a fun way to use the thickers! This is great!!

Deebi27 on 12:39 AM CDT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deebi27 on 12:41 AM CDT said...

This is fabulous...my daughter does the Komen 60 mile 3 day walk. she and her girlfriend (walking buddy!) call themselves Pinky Promise Rockstars. This My hero stamp set is perfect for use for this years walk in Tampa! Thanks for the heads up!

Lori on 2:31 PM CDT said...

Love this fun card!!! I got your card yesterday and will post it soon. I also will be emailing you with my response! Love ya girl!

Melissa Sauls on 12:23 AM CDT said...

Donna, this soooo looks ROCKIN' AWESOME!!!! That metal looks so cool over the thickers, I just can't stand it!! Love how this turned out! And how come I didn't get the memo to use the Rock Star set?!?! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:17 AM CDT said...

This is AWESOME, Donna! What a fun, fun card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:20 AM CDT said...

I just realized, it's not a card! LOL What an awesome frame Donna! I was looking at it thinking "wow, she even did metal doo dads around the sides" and then I realized! Oops!

The Spotted Chick on 5:59 PM CDT said...

OMG this is AWESOME Donna!! Your husband will LOVE it!

Monika/Buzsy on 8:10 PM CDT said...

What a fun card Donna! Love the colors, the letters... great frame for your special hero! :o)

Alex Maldonado on 8:59 PM CDT said...

YOU ROCK girlie!! OMG! this is just perfect - I SOO love Thickers as it is, but you totally went over the top!! I LOVE this Donna! so cool!!

Post a Comment