Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Let’s Do Coffee, a little update and Blast from the Past!!


Hpaper pieced mugsi there!  Remember me?  Sorry I haven’t posted since last Thursday – I had/am having a BUSY week/end full of lots of studying  and tasks for building the house (like  meeting with our construction consultant last Thursday to picking out fixtures at a store 30 minutes away before they closed on Sat!)  The ball is officially rolling on construction and it’s exciting but a little overwhelming at times; we have many times prayed for God’s direction, wisdom, grace and favor with building this house and that is not about to end! 
Now on to my card!  It is a fun one using Let’s Do Coffee from Taylored Expressions and the Early Bird card kit.  I am in love with this stamp set and for this card I wanted to highlight some of the smaller images in it like the coffee cups and sentiment.  Have you seen all the great cards made using this set?  Here is a link to the design team’s samples for you to see! 
A little personal news – I stayed late after my anatomy & physiology test on Monday night and was able to get my test results.  I was so unsure what grade I would get but tested a theory that possibly I was overstudying so I held back just a little this time and ended up with an 83!!  This was my highest grade yet in the class (one test I got a 79 on – ugh.  So close.  I almost got an 86 but I ended up changing 3 right answers to the wrong ones – talk about frustrating!  I was so thrilled to get a B on this test and found out that I am getting a B in the class (for some reason I thought I was getting a C since that was about my average on my prior tests).  Breathe, Donna, Breathe.  Most of you may not realize how very difficult and exhausting these past few months have been working full-time and going to school 4 nights a week.  I am happy to say I only have 2 more weeks to go!  Yea!!  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Calling all Taylored Expressions fans!!  Mark your calendars!!
Taylored Expressions is hosting a Blast From the Past blog hop on May 18th and you're invited to participate! We'll be featuring any and all TE stamp sets released in 2008 and 2009 so grab one of your ‘older’ sets and play along!
To join the hop simply send an email to bloghop@tayloredexpressions.com. In your email include May 18th blog hop in the subject line then list your first and last name, your blog name and blog address.

You must agree to post your TE creation on your blog on May 18th at 8am Pacific time and include links to the rest of the participants in your post, according to the hop rules. One random participant will be chosen to win a stamp set of their choice from Taylored Expressions. The deadline to sign up for the hop is May 13th. I hope you'll hop along with us and have a Blast from the Past on May 18th!!! Pin It

6 comments on "Let’s Do Coffee, a little update and Blast from the Past!!"

Cat Tidwell on 3:38 PM CDT said...

What an awesome card Donna! LOVE it! so glad your school is going so good...doesnt surprise me, you just need to realize you CAN and ARE doing it! :D

Jessie/knightrone on 12:11 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card Donna!! Hugs!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 5:48 AM CDT said...

Adorable card Donna! Yay on the 83! That is AWESOME! I don't know HOW you work full time AND go to school 4 nights a week. I'll bet you can't wait for 2 weeks! So glad you're getting a B. . .woo hoo!

Christi Flores on 2:49 PM CDT said...

LOVE this card and WOOHOO on the 83!!!!

Lori on 3:48 PM CDT said...

Yea! Great job on your test and grades. Your card is adorable! Talk to you soon. Lori

Casmiles on 11:15 PM CDT said...

Donna - I love this card, great colors, and the background is perfect. And congrats on your grade - that's wonderful! Sometimes we're just too hard on ourselves and don't allow us to have the credit we so deserve for our efforts!

Post a Comment