Tuesday, November 2, 2010

TE Sneak Peek: From the Heart & From the Heart Funnies


TuesdayNov2nd

Welcome to Day 2 of Taylored Expressions sneak peeks!  Today the Baker’s Dozen has cooked up some delectable eye candy for you using From the Heart & From the Heart Funnies, illustrated by Taylor herself! 

 

from heart

For my project, I made some yummy sugar coated pecans from a recipe I found on-line* and packaged them up in a clear top hinged tin wrapped up with a belly band and made a matching card so this is ready to give as a holiday gift!  The pattern paper I used is Imaginisce Cottage Christmas which I got in the TE store (but it looks like they are sold out right now).  The solid cardstock I used is the Cottage Christmas cardstock sampler.  Check out the cute frame die my image is on, it’s a new Taylored Die which will be available on Friday along with all the FromtheHeartFrameDieother sneak peeks we show (pictured on the right)!   The ribbon I used is one of my all time favorites, red with white polka dot, it’s super easy to tie especially if you’re using the fabulous bow-easy!  That tool is ALWAYS within my reach at my desk because I used it a lot!

 

treat close up

Here’s a close up of the treat tin, isn’t it cute?  Oh and those pecans are so yummy I want to share the super easy recipe with you:
Ingredients
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 pound pecan halves
1 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.

Here are links to all the ladies who have something to share with us today:

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Taylor VanBruggen
Tori Wild
Jami Sibley

Thanks for stopping by today – hope you come back tomorrow for day 3 sneak peeks!

Pin It

8 comments on "TE Sneak Peek: From the Heart & From the Heart Funnies"

Taylor on 10:05 AM CDT said...

Mmmm....mmmmm... I'll take some sugar coated pecans... YES, please! :) Super cute packaging for what I'm sure is a super yummy treat!

Rose on 12:51 PM CDT said...

Your card is adorable and your tin of pecans looks cute and yummo. Love your work.

Melissa Sauls on 2:19 PM CDT said...

These look positively delish and I bet they smell just wonderful! Love how you made this into a Christmas gift with those adorable papers.

Lori on 3:37 PM CDT said...

Yum! Great gift idea, bet your getting excited about your visitors!!!

Jodi Collins on 5:41 PM CDT said...

How DELISH Donna! They sound SO good and your packaging is perfection!!!

Regina Mangum on 7:21 PM CDT said...

YUM! I want to eat this NOW! So cute, Donna. I love it! XOXO

Karen Motz on 11:19 AM CDT said...

Simply DELISH!!!! Someone is going to be one lucky recipient of this sweet little package!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 3:28 PM CDT said...

Those look DELICIOUS, Donna! And what clear top tin is PERFECT to show off their yumminess!

Post a Comment