Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas Hop


Here we are again, sharing creations made with Theresa Momber's new set, A Very Merry Christmas!

I stamped the tree in hunter dye ink and colored it in with peerless watercolors so the ink would blend in more with the watercolors. I used the leafy branch embossing folder on my All Spruced Up textured linen cardstock and rubbed gold metallic paste on it, as well as on the focal panel. My card base is Cranberry Tart and I couldn't help but sew on this card since I have a sew mini at my disposal! I even sewed on the cranberry satin ribbon in a ruffle because I always liked that look, this was a challenge, but not impossible, in fact I like how it turned out! I finished my card off with a few buttons from the holiday assortment of buttons! I love those!! You get a TON of assorted shapes and sizes in a small clear pillow box that is reusable! Genius packaging!

For even more ideas with Theresa's stamp set, be sure to visit the the Gina K. Idea Center here: A Very Merry Christmas. Theresa's tip sheet has been added to the Idea Center as a PDF so you can print out her tips and suggestions for a handy reference tool. We've also included her copic coloring links too.




Pin It

29 comments on "A Very Merry Christmas Hop"

Cat Tidwell on 10:18 PM CDT said...

so gorgeous Donna! I really love that bg too, with the gold paste rubbed on it!

Carolyn King on 10:19 PM CDT said...

Beautiful. love the stitching, ribbon treatment and fun buttons!

Theresa Momber on 10:21 PM CDT said...

Donna, what gorgeous coloring and I am loving that embossed background!!!

Payne Holler Cards on 10:25 PM CDT said...

neat idea with the paste! and love your stitching!!! and details :)))

The Other Patti Sue on 10:25 PM CDT said...

Very cool tree! Gorgeous coloring!

Janice M on 10:30 PM CDT said...

Very Pretty! Love how you ruffled the ribbon!

Lori on 10:32 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous card Donna!!

Selma on 10:50 PM CDT said...

Beautiful Donna. I love your ribbon, the buttons and the sewing. Great background too.

Deebi27 on 10:50 PM CDT said...

Love the colors you used in your card. Festive and your tree is ready to brighten anyone holiday!

redwasher1 on 10:55 PM CDT said...

A beautiful card Donna love how you did this!

Sharri on 11:07 PM CDT said...

Donna, Beautiful! I love the layout and the ruffled ribbon!

Giovana on 11:22 PM CDT said...

Great card Donna!! Your coloring is wonderful.

Lee on 12:52 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card....especially love that ruffly ribbon!

NinaB on 1:05 AM CDT said...

Oh, I love those ruffled ribbons, Donna. I have to try that with stitching. I'm still a little clumsy with my machine.

JessicaK on 1:20 AM CDT said...

Fantastic, Donna. It looks so nice and homey; anyone would love have that greeting them at the mailbox.

TexasGrammy on 1:44 AM CDT said...

Lovin' that stitching ... and the entire creation, Donna!

Denise Marzec on 6:54 AM CDT said...

WOW, is that ever GORGEOUS!!

Unknown on 7:09 AM CDT said...

Donna, your Christmas tree card is so pretty! I love it!

Unknown on 7:09 AM CDT said...

Donna, your Christmas tree card is so pretty! I love it!

JazzyH on 7:18 AM CDT said...

Pretty!

Mary Anne / MA54K on 7:56 AM CDT said...

Just lovely, Donna!

Carla S. on 7:59 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous card, Donna! I love the embossed leaves in the background and the beautiful tree!

Debbie Seyer on 8:52 AM CDT said...

Such a lovely card! It would be a good mass production, too! I could color while waiting on children - lessons, marching band, etc...

Kay S on 9:11 AM CDT said...

So pretty, Donna. Good idea to use watercolors on the tree -- I'll have to try that. I tried coloring the tree with markers and couldn't make it look good but I think the watercolors would work better and give it a softer look. Thanks for sharing your lovely card!

Steph Ackerman on 9:56 AM CDT said...

So very pretty. TFS.

joy on 10:42 AM CDT said...

I showed this to my husband - knowing he would like it and this is the card he wants to send out to his clients! -- HE REALLY, REALLY liked your card!!

Melanie on 12:57 PM CDT said...

love the vintage feel, the gathered ribbon is fantastic!

Brenda on 5:02 PM CDT said...

Very pretty!! Love the touch of gold and stitching.

Emily Leiphart on 9:47 AM CDT said...

This is beautiful, Donna! I love the timeless colours and that ruffled ribbon border!

Post a Comment