Friday, October 2, 2009

TESC85: Wings of Joy Sneak Peek


It's a triple bonus day!! It's Friday, Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2 and the sketch challenge!!

Today the Baker's Dozen are sharing creations made with the Whimsical Wishes set Wings Of Joy, illustrated by Nancy McKinney! It's a wonderful collection of various sized birds in holiday settings and sweet sentiments. On my card today, I used the little birdhouse decorated with lights and 2 cardinals perched on it. There is also a little 'snow' which I covered with liquid pearls.

I love the layout Taylor came up for this, but you will see I made my focal image much bigger to accomodate the birdhouse, which slides freely in the circle because I attached it to the scallop die with 3 jump rings. Wish you could see it in action.

Also used on my card is patterned paper by Cosmo Crickett, Jolly by Golly which happens to come in the Christmas Key Ingredients which will be available tomorrow!
On my second card, I combined the cardinal birds decorating the (suspended) tree branch from Branching Out - isn't it funny how you notice little things about your creations LONG after it's made & photographed? I believe I should have executed that a little differently now. What do you think? Does it work still? I hope so because I took a LOT of time paper-piecing all those little socks, mittens and gloves, not to mention sponging of the sky and liquid applique for the snow!

Included in the Christmas key ingredients are:
Prism cardstock colors in Island Mist Light, Blush Red Dark, Classic Yellow Green, Sunflowers Medium and Intense Pink. The neutral is Choice Buttercream. The patterned paper is Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly and you will also get 5 yards of coordinating ribbon, 1 pot of Rockstar Red sparkly fluff and several various size chipboard snowflakes. It was fun & easy to use. I smooshed my chipboard snowflake in my glue pad and sprinkled on the sparkly fluff and it stuck real nicely! Then I put a button in the middle to tie in the pink ribbon I chose.

Here is Taylor's sketch for you to try!! Be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog with the direct link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so we can check it out! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time.

Some Personal news to share--this is my last week participating on Taylor's Sketch Challenge Crew; I have enjoyed every week of her fun sketches & working alongside these talented ladies. It was time to make the tough decision that it's best to scale down some commitments because of the growing demands of college and some areas in my life that need my attention. I will STILL be playing along in this as well as other challenges, though so please keep visiting my blog!!

Check out the sneak peek projects from the following ladies:

Taylor VanBruggen Charmaine Ikach Dawn Easton Denise Marzec Jackie Pedro Jodi Collins Karen Giron Karen Motz Laura Frederickson Lori Schmidlin Sankari Wegman Sharon Harnist and Jami Sibley

Be sure to check out the fabulous eye candy the sketch crew has to share with us today:
Taylor Van Bruggen Jackie Pedro Jami Sibley Lynn Mercurio Monika Davis Sherrie Siemens
and come back tomorrow so you can see samples using the last set to be released; the 3 sets, Christmas key ingredients and Christmas Bundle will be available for purchase at 10:00 a.m. CST in the TE Store!
Pin It

19 comments on "TESC85: Wings of Joy Sneak Peek"

Laura (scrapnextras) on 10:22 AM CDT said...

OMG Donna, love love the way you used the branch! Makes me think of fairy tales and all those little animals from Cinderella! Of course they would celebrate Christmas like that! Both are beautiful!

Sankari W. on 10:33 AM CDT said...

Donna!!! You are AMAZING!!! You created a birdhouse to hang on the the 3 jump rings! Get OUT!!!! THat is awesome!! LOVE it!!! And I ADORE the branch from the Branching Out set and the super sweet paper pieced socks! SOOOO CUTE!!! Seriously!!! I am in AWE of the sponging and the liquid applique and all the little yummy details!
You rocked out some amazing Christmas magic here!!!SO beautiful!
Big Hugs!
Sankari :)

Emily Leiphart on 10:38 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous cards! I really love how you did the snow and that fabulous dp just rocks!

Karen Giron on 11:05 AM CDT said...

OMGoodness, Donna! These are just amazing! Love the snow you created and the birdhouse is perfect! Lovely!!

Sherrie on 11:13 AM CDT said...

Donna I love them both! Love the soft sweet colors of the bird and birdhouse and then the fun colors and clever use of the branch in the second card....so creative!

Jami on 11:32 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna - that first card is so soft and sweet and I love the idea of having the birdhouse suspended! And goodness - that was some work on that 2nd card - so so cute. It is funny how we notice stuff like that suspended branch AFTER we're done. I think when we're in the middle of it we're just too close - can't see the forest for the trees - ;) It's adorable no matter what!

Jackie Pedro on 11:37 AM CDT said...

I love how you suspended the bird house!! And my first thought on the branch was BRILLIANT!! It totally works and I'm so lifting that idea from you!!! Great cards, Donna!! You will be missed on the sketches!!

Karen Motz on 11:57 AM CDT said...

Fabulous Donna! I LOVE that you hung the birdhouse on jump rings and combining the garland image with the branch is so clever!

Denise Marzec on 12:49 PM CDT said...

Such SOFT and pretty cards with all the shades of blue and teal...and that blue sky behind the laundry line is just BEAUTIFUL!

Taylor on 2:49 PM CDT said...

These are absolutely beautiful, Donna! I just loooooove your idea to attach the birdhouse to the scalloped oval with jump rings! So clever...I bet it's even more fantastic to see it IRL! And I love the soft sky you created around the branch...so pretty!

TannyP on 3:21 PM CDT said...

Wowee! Awesome as always!! It's always sad to see someone go on a team, but when it's to ease yourself into other roles, well, I'll never hold that against you =)

Amazing stuff is always found on your site and I'll continue to haunt you, checking for inspiration!

Jodi Collins on 4:16 PM CDT said...

How BEAUTIFUL these are Donna! LOVE how you attached the birdhouse on the first card...that is SOOOOO fab, and your second card is breathtaking! LOVE how you used the branch and the liquid applique is the perfect touch! Just amazing!

Darlene L said...

Wow--Donna you really outdid yourself with these cards today. They are all yummy! Love the hanging birdhouse--very, very creative. Have a great weekend.

Cheryl on 5:17 PM CDT said...

Love both of them!! They're gorgeous!

Dawn Easton on 7:50 PM CDT said...

Wow, Donna! These are beautiful! I LOVE what you did with the tree branch, brilliant idea!

Randi on 11:14 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna this is sad news indeed. I will miss seeing all the great designs that I CASE LOL. Your interpretations of stamps are always a cut above. Love what you did with the TE stamps,

Sharon Harnist on 12:04 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards, Donna -- love that you suspended the bird cage -- awesome idea! And I love the idea of the mittens & caps hanging off the branch -- SO much fun!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 6:08 PM CDT said...

Just gorgeous, Donna. Wish I could see the jump ring bird house in action too! What a great idea!

Monika/Buzsy on 1:21 PM CDT said...

Fabulous cards Donna! I love your coloring and the great lay-outs... nice papers! TFS!

Post a Comment