Sunday, October 4, 2009

WCMD shares


Here are a few cards I made using new Gina K. Designs stamps for a few World Card Making challenges on SCS Saturday. I managed to make 6 cards even though we left in the middle of the day to get a few Geocaches, watch a movie (Extract-so funny!) and pick up a new hard drive for my laptop that crashed last week! Well, it ended up really being the memory so now I have more memory and a new hard drive! The next thing I'm looking forward to is getting Windows 7 when it is released in a few weeks with my student discount! Yes!!

This first card uses Hip to be square on some designer paper Linnie Bell collection. Now that I look at this card, I wish I had stamped the sentiment on some solid paper---better fix that before I forget-it just looks a little too busy for my taste. I do, however love the look of the adirondack dimensional pearls around the perimeter of the stamp and around the sentiment. This challenge was to use Beate's weekend sketch (WSC100) and something chocolate (used the expresso dimensional pearls) and a Thank You card.

For my next card, I combined 3 challenges (Flourishes sketch) and (Gina K. Designs Color Challenge of pumpkin spice, chocolate chip and ivory) and the (Crazy 4 Challenges Sew Happy-stitching, C4C5). I just adore these colors, adding some Cosmo Crickett Earth Love paper! I used A Year of Leaves for this Get Well card, which will go out this week to a gal on STV who will be having surgery. I love using my new sewing machine, in fact I also made a few Christmas gifts this weekend using it too I will share in the future with y'all.

Did you see StampTV has a new IDEA CENTER? You have to check it out, there is a ton of inspiration, samples by the illustrators, tip sheets for all the sets Gina sells in the store.

Hope you have a great week!! Pin It

7 comments on "WCMD shares"

Cheryl on 8:04 AM CDT said...

Hi Donna, these are both fabulous hun! I'm really loving that lone, white daisy on the second one....just the right touch!

Jennie on 7:16 PM CDT said...

Great cards Donna! Love the leaf one and Ri will be so blessed by it! The one using Hip to be Square is so cute, love that dp!

Julia Aston on 9:22 PM CDT said...

Wow Donna! love your multichallenge cards! what pretty colors on both!

Jodi Collins on 10:32 AM CDT said...

These are beautiful Donna! Gorgeous colors and layouts!!

Rose Ann on 11:57 AM CDT said...

Both of these are very beautiful, Donna!! I love the pretty papers and fall feel to them!!

Carolina on 4:00 PM CDT said...

These are just stunning!!! I'm awaiting my new Gina stuff...thanks for all the eye-candy!

Anonymous said...

Your designs are so great. I love all of them but my favorite is the third one,

Post a Comment