Thursday, October 1, 2009

TE sneak peeks: Christmas Blessings



I am so happy to share with you a sneak peek today for the new Taylored Expressions Christmas release; set one of three that will be released is Christmas Blessings in the Lasting Impressions line. It's such a beautiful, spiritual and elegant set that celebrates Christ in Christmas.


The manger scene just takes my breath away because it conjures up what the meaning of Christmas is for me as a Christian. Now, I'm not usually a fan of solid images although there are some fun techniques you can use with them. But for this one, because it is usually a scene as a silhouette just works on so many levels. I embossed my scene with chocolate craft ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. Then, I was able to sponge the night sky, leaving a halo (the light from the Christ child illuminating the dark). I kept my card simple but it took a long time to make because I wanted it to be perfect. My stitching started to get better once I started working on samples for this release (smile).







I sponged antique linen ranger ink on the ivory background, which happens to
be one of the pretty patterns Taylor will be offering by SEI called Christmas Mint. Each of the pieces is either flocked, embosseded highlighted with shimmery foil (you can click on the picture for a closer view). I used a few embellishments on my card which can be found in the TE store: chocolate velvet ribbon, lace trim and Kaiser chocolate pearls. I used prism Suede Brown Dark and Choice Buttercream cardstock for my card.



There was no room for my sentiment on the front of my card, so I put a bigger greeting on the inside of the card. With a powerful image like this, it's not necessary to try to squeeze it on the front! I love the greetings & sentiments in this set and I bet a lot of you will too!!


My next card uses the same Christmas Mint paper, I just love the swirly colorful ornaments on this paper! On this card, I embossed the dove with gold embossing powder and was so excited to see I had some metallic gold thread in my stash so of course I had to stitch on this card too! I love the way the metallic thread exudes elegance on this card. The prism cardstock colors I used on this card are Classic Red and Classic Yellow Green in addition to Choice Buttercream by TE. I also used red glimmer ribbon which goes along nicely with the glimmer from the gold thread. The dies used on this card are Labels 4 by Spellbinders.

Be sure to check out all the wonderful creations the rest of the Baker's Dozen design team have to share with you today:

Taylor, Charmaine Ikach, Denise Marzec, Jackie Pedro, Jodi Collins, Karen Giron, Karen Motz, Lori Schmidlin, Sankari Wegman, Sharon Harnist and Jami Sibley

be sure to check out the design team announcement on Taylor's blog and see ya tomorrow with Taylor's Sketch Challenge and Day 2 previews! Pin It

20 comments on "TE sneak peeks: Christmas Blessings"

Jodi Collins on 10:12 AM CDT said...

Oh! These are both MAGNIFICENT Donna!! I ADORE them both!! The first card is simply gorgeous and I LOVE the layout and the sentiment inside! The second is exquisite too!!!

Nancy on 10:16 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous, Donna! Didn't I tease you about these fabulous sets coming your way... ;)

Taylor on 10:19 AM CDT said...

These are both soooo pretty, Donna! Such fabulous beautiful cards!!....might just have to case them for a few of my Christmas cards this year!

Laurie Schmidlin on 10:32 AM CDT said...

BE STILL MY HEART!!! Donna!! Your cards are just stunning!! The first one is just a vintage/elegant masterpiece and the second one has such a warm feel yet the colors are bright and fun! LOVE them!!

Sharon Harnist on 10:42 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards, Donna -- I especially like the elegant look of your cream & brown manger scene and how you highlighted the baby Jesus!

Karen Motz on 10:53 AM CDT said...

These are stunning Donna! I love your stitching on both cards and the beautifully sponged night sky.

Jami on 11:00 AM CDT said...

Oh my goodness Donna - wow! Both cards are wonderful! Love the metallic stitching on the 2nd one and that first one - well I gasped when I saw it because it is truly STUNNING!

Kristine on 11:01 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous cards Donna!! I especially LOOVE that nativity card! So elegant and meaningful. Wonderful job w/ stitching and lace. :)
xXx

Denise Marzec on 11:05 AM CDT said...

AWESOME samples, Donna! They're beautiful. I'm especially lovin' the first one with that soft cream color. Gorgeous!

Jennie on 11:49 AM CDT said...

These are beautiful Donna! What fabulous designs...you are busy this month with two releases :o)

Monika/Buzsy on 3:22 PM CDT said...

Pretty cards Donna! Love the stitching! TFS!

Dawn Easton on 6:49 PM CDT said...

Donna, your cards are both beautiful! I agree that your first card does not need a sentiment at all...that image is gorgeous and full of meaning!

TexasGrammy on 10:14 PM CDT said...

LOVE, love love your nativity card, Donna! The stitching, the colors .. everything is splendid. The red card is a beauty! Great examples for the new sets!

~Bev

Jackie Pedro on 12:30 AM CDT said...

The first card is AMAZING! The sponging is perfect and your stitching is perfecto!!! The second card is so beautiful!!

Karen Giron on 1:18 AM CDT said...

My jaw hit the floor when I saw your first card - I love how you made the sky in the background and then the soft ribbon is so beautiful! I just love the second card too - it is so elegant with the sponging and the little bow - gorgeous!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K on 8:33 AM CDT said...

What gorgeous cards, Donna! I have never been this excited about starting holiday crafts before this! Thanks for all the inspiration!

(P.S. I finally fixed my blog header. Tell me what you think when you get a chance!)Wink!

Laura (scrapnextras) on 10:23 AM CDT said...

Love the stitching on the first with the neutral colours and the red and green are so perfect for the songbird!

Sankari W. on 10:34 AM CDT said...

OH WOOWWOW!!! Donna - your stitching is fabulous and I LOVE the sponging in the first card and teh beautiful details - SO lovely - I think you must frame it! and the sweet birdie in the second is simply so TWEET! SO lovely!!!!
Big Hugs!
Sankari :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 6:10 PM CDT said...

Just gorgeous, Donna! I LOVE your sponging effect on the manger scene. . .just beautiful!

Dina on 3:17 PM CDT said...

Both are gorgeous!

Post a Comment