Saturday, October 3, 2009

TE Release Day: Holiday Wonder & Worldcardmaking Day!


Happy TE Release Day and World Card Making Day!

Today the Baker's Dozen are sharing projects made with the new SASI set Holiday Wonder - I just love Jessie Oleson's illustrations of all things Cuppie, but this time there's only 1 itty bitty cuppie making an appearance this Christmas!
On my first card, which happens to be the feature in the TE Newsletter is a mini card using the cute snowman (or snowgirl in my case because she's wearing pink) in the set and a coordinating treat container (using the clear favor circles in the TE store). She has a big selection of favor boxes that you can use to whip up some cute favors for co-workers, your kid's classroom, neighbors and more! In addition to that, all the die cut boxes are available in a lot of the prism colors. All I did for the circle was cut my pattern paper (Jolly by Golly by Cosmo Crickett) down to size and round the corners. I cut out the middle with a spellbinders circle die and the paper is adhered between the hard plastic. But before I shut it closed, I added some of my favorite little mint chocolates with white sprinkles I picked up at the grocery store. I then topped the container with some coordinating ribbon from the Christmas Key Ingredients, and adhered a red sparkly fluffed chipboard snowflake on top of that with a button in the center. Voila! Treat ready to gift and for just $5.00 for 10 containers, you can make each treat for less than 75 cents including all the other supplies and the bonus is that it is handmade!

My next card uses the snowgirl again! I know--I can't get enough of her in pink! I used the rolling snowhills from the Jolly by Golly paper and some of my favorite rose satin ribbon in the TE store. The inspiration for this photo came from the Fall to Layout sketch (FTL60) from a few weeks ago. I love those clean & simple sketches!

Here is a picture of the back of my card - it is available as a free digital download for you to run your cardstock through your computer for your holiday cards to have personalization. All you have to do is sign your name! Details are on Taylor's blog for the download.






I have one last card to share with you because I had so much FUN stamping with this set! I love that Jessie illustrated a house for Cuppie! I used the Jolly by Golly 6-inch stack I have for my red & white snowflake background, which I adhered to my yellow green prism layer. Then I popped the house on it with foam tape because I wanted dimension from the window (see my paper-pieced curtain?) so you can see the cute Christmas tree through it. What you may not be able to see from the angle of the photo but I layered the green door and cut it out so that cuppie is peeking out from the door to go get his morning mail. I added stardust stickles for the snow and liquid pearls around the sentiment.



Happy World Card Making Day!

We hope you've set aside some time today to make and mail out some cards in celebration of World Card Making Day! Taylored Expressions wants to help you celebrate in 4 ways

1. Free digital download. Head over to Taylor's blog for a free digi-stamp for the backs of all your holiday cards.

he2. Free card kit with all purchases in the TE Store today only. Orders must be received by 11 pm PST October 3rd to receive the free kit pictured here. It will not appear in your cart, but we promise it will be in your package.

3. WCMD Challenge and Prize on the Stamp a Sweet Impression Blog! Hurry because the deadline to enter is Sunday night!

4. The Taylored Expressions Christmas Release - see below for all the details on three new holiday stamp sets, our Christmas Key Ingredients and MORE!
In addition to all this goodness:
**2008 Christmas stamp sets, Season's Sweetings (click to see the gallery of inspiration) and Home Sweet Home (click to see the gallery of inspiration) are available for 25% off October 3rd - October 5th.**

We'll also have several other products on sale at the store from 15%-25% off. Check out What's the Deal category in the store.
Thanks for sticking with me for this LONG post - one more thing! Go check out all the sweet inspiration by the design team today:
Pin It

14 comments on "TE Release Day: Holiday Wonder & Worldcardmaking Day!"

Jackie Pedro on 10:25 AM CDT said...

Those cards are the cutest! I LOVE the card where Cuppie is peeking out the door!!

Jami on 11:39 AM CDT said...

Oh my goodness - that house card rocks! Love the way the roof peeks over the edge of the card and all that dimension and the tiny red snowflake background!

Taylor on 11:59 AM CDT said...

These are all so super sweet, Donna! I love your clear party favor and that snow'girl' is absolutely adorable! And your Christmas house all decked out in red and green is amazing...love, love, love it all!

Sharon Harnist on 12:01 PM CDT said...

Donna, I love your snowgirl creations and so would my girls! How fun that the mints match the paper on your favor box/bubble -- so cute! And Cuppie's house is adorable -- love him peeking out the door!

Jodi Collins on 2:18 PM CDT said...

Holy FABULOSITY! Seriously Donna, these are ALL amazing! I have to say, my favorite HAS to be the house card with Cuppie peeking out of the door! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!

Cheryl on 3:15 PM CDT said...

Both are GREAT!

Happy WCMD!!!

Mary J on 4:05 PM CDT said...

Hello Donna! I don't know how you do it, but you always manage to create such fab stuff! It takes me ages to just come up with a design and then another few hours to actually make it! The process of creation, huh?! LOL!

Karen Motz on 4:22 PM CDT said...

Oh my word Donna...these are all just so awesome! I really LOVE your snow girl...what a great idea to colour it pink! Awesome paper piecing on the house too, it looks fab!!!

Denise Marzec on 5:57 PM CDT said...

Absolutely adorable projects, Donna. My fav is the pink snowman card with the Taylor's yummy pink ribbon! Just LOVE that stuff!

Emily Leiphart on 8:51 PM CDT said...

I love that pink Christmas card! How fabulous! Cuppie's house is so fun - I love how you used that dp for snowy background and the shadow the open door makes on the snow is perfection!

Laura (scrapnextras) on 9:23 PM CDT said...

Awesome Donna! Love them all especially the little snowman card! That paper is the perfect backdrop!

Kristine on 5:53 PM CDT said...

Hi Donna!! :) I love your whole set here!! Those little colored mints look so CUTE in there =0) And I just love your snowmen cards and house! Very creative!! The thing I like most about that all pink snowman card is the wavy shapes in the middle of the card--gives such a flowy feel and of course PINK! :) Great job Donna! xXx

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 6:06 PM CDT said...

gorgeous projects, Donna! I LOVE your treat container. . .so cute! and that pink card with the "rolling hills" is just ADORABLE!

Carolina on 4:03 PM CDT said...

I'm totally ROTFL because I just went through all these steps to alter a button container not knowing that this existed...should have come by your blog first - LOL...oh well next time! Love the set and the second card is just yummy!!!

Post a Comment