Saturday, March 27, 2010

8 more days until Easter…


cross

and I only have a handful of cards made, how did that happen?!?  I guess it’s a little due to the fact that as a designer for stamp companies you tend to work ahead of the upcoming holiday!  In fact, as I type this I am already working on some wonderful new stamps coming out by Taylored Expressions for our April release I’m sure you’re going to love!  But in the meantime, here is an Easter card I made using the Lasting Impressions Easter Blessings set and Easter Key Ingredients which features pattern paper by Basic Grey called Kioshi which I LOVE; who am I kidding, I love ALL Basic Grey stuff since it’s my favorite pattern paper company!  For this card, I stamped the flourish cross with VersaMark ink and used the poppin’ pastels technique by rubbing on some chalk; makes for a subtle feminine look.

It’s not too late to get your Easter cards done!  There is a ton of inspiration out there, in fact here is a link to the TE gallery with all the cards & projects made with this stamp set!  Take a look, I’m sure you will find something you like! 

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!  Mine will be spent taking our dog to the beauty parlor (maybe I will share a before & after pic with you!), spending time with my awesome DH, stamping and studying for an upcoming test in Medical Terminology!  By the way, I got an A on my first one – go me!  No time to rest on my laurels—will still continue to study hard!  Thanks for stopping by! 

Pin It

3 comments on "8 more days until Easter…"

Casmiles on 12:27 PM CDT said...

Donna - loved your post, short but so full of news. You're ahead of me on Easter cards; I did start cutting last night and hope to get further along today with the hope of mailing them on Monday. One of my babies is so overdue for a cut (standard poodles) that she could pose as an Easter lamb right now - she is definitely fuzzy!!! And - congrats on your A - you go girl. Keep it up.

Lori on 12:46 PM CDT said...

Great Easter card! Congratulations on your "A", you'll get another, I sure. Go Donna!!!

Melissa Sauls on 10:01 PM CDT said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Donna!! I love that paper!

Post a Comment