Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TE Sneak Peek Day 1: You’re My Hero


sponged rock star
I am so excited to share our sneak peek today using You’re My Hero, our newest set in the TE Giving Tree Program. If you’re not familiar with this program, every quarter we release a special stamp set where a portion of the sale of the set ($7)  is donated to a specific charity.
You’re My Hero was inspired by and in honor of Darrin Zimmerman- Taylor's 10 year old neighbor who passed away last fall from cancer.  I remember the day Taylor messaged me with a heavy heart and told me about Darrin/asked me to keep him in my prayers.  I prayed often for him and his family but the cancer was too much for his little body to handle and it made me so sad to hear the news.  I couldn’t help but think of Darrin and his family while I stamped this card and how hard the holidays must have been with him not around and how each day they are reminded of their loss. 
The charity benefitting from the sale of You’re My Hero is CureSearch, which unites the world's largest childhood cancer research organization, the Children's Oncology Group, and the National Childhood Cancer Foundation through their mission to cure childhood cancer. Research is the key to the cure.
I really enjoyed stamping with this set because it’s unlike any other set I’ve seen, Nancy designed it with tweens and teens in mind...and for the Rock Star in all of us which is why I had so much fun!  I used the Rock Star key ingredients for my card (ribbon trim, die cut my sentiment is on and glitter brad!  Instead of using all the awesome papers in the key ingredients, I made my own pattern paper by sponging inks on glossy cardstock and using stazon jet black ink to stamp my rockers.  This set, along with the Rock Star key ingredients will be available for purchase at 10 a.m. CST on Friday, March 5th.
Be sure to check out the awesome creations using You’re My Hero the Bakers Dozen design team have to share with us today!  Taylor shared some changes to the design team yesterday; although I will miss Laurie and Dawn, I want to give a sweet welcome to Jeanie (our previous guest designer) and my BF IRL Carolina and look forward to seeing what they have to share!
Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Jeanie Witmer
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
Taylor Van Bruggen
and Nancy McKinney - You're My Hero illustrator! Pin It

16 comments on "TE Sneak Peek Day 1: You’re My Hero"

Rose Ann on 10:08 AM CST said...

That is so sad about Darrin, but good to know about the causes available out there.

Your card is so cool and fun, Donna! Love how the background turned out!

Taylor on 10:27 AM CST said...

I really love your card, Donna! That background looks tie dyed...I think I need a t-shirt like this! :)

Carolina on 11:49 AM CST said...

Sooo groovy my friend! Love the background you created.

I'm over the moon excited to be on a DT with you again...so fun! Love ya!!!

Melissa Sauls on 12:31 PM CST said...

Oooooh, what a super fun card Donna!!! Totally cool how you made your own background with the tie-dye look....I would have never thought of that!! You are just always so clever and creative!

Christi Flores on 1:40 PM CST said...

This is fantastic Donna!!!

Monika/Buzsy on 3:38 PM CST said...

Great card Donna! That background is perfect with those shilouette images!

Vanessa on 3:43 PM CST said...

What a cool card. Fun, fun, fun!

Lori on 5:51 PM CST said...

I love your this! The background makes this a fun, fun, card!

Jodi Collins on 8:00 PM CST said...

This is SO super cool Donna! LOVE the background you created, it is totally perfect with this set!!

Nancy on 10:39 PM CST said...

Very cool, almost psychedelic, Donna. LOVE IT! ...and thanks for mentioning my name. ;)
~Nancy

Karen Giron on 1:14 AM CST said...

Donna, this is fabulous!! I love the background you created and it looks super cool with the silhouettes!! Amazing job!

Karen Motz on 11:32 AM CST said...

Those background colours are so fun!!

Sankari W. on 1:05 PM CST said...

WOW!! What a great tip of creating that background - love that - what a great idea Donna!! LOVe the layout and the ribbon is perfect with the bight background! Awesome creations!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

The Spotted Chick on 9:34 PM CST said...

OMG!! I love these bright colors. Such fun!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:42 AM CST said...

Look at this! Such tie-dyed fabulousness! LOVE it!

Amy Sheffer on 3:33 PM CST said...

How cool! Love that background you created!

Post a Comment