Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Promise of Spring


F4A2 closed

Here is a card I made for the Free For All challenge on SCS Friday (F4A2); to make a free standing card.  It’s been YEARS since I’ve made one of these, I think they are a lot of fun!  I used the new Whimsical Wishes Through the Year which happens to be a FREE TE download if you place an order in the store by tomorrow!!  I had to use the Promise of Spring for mine to go along with the new Easter Key Ingredients now available since we had a few days this week that were just that – a promise that spring is right around the corner!  In the first picture this is what my card will look like closed coming out of a standard sized envelope.   Check out the Fresh from the Oven category so you can see EVERYTHING that is available now all in one place!

F4A2 promise of spring

Here is what it will look like open from the top and standing on a flat surface to be displayed.  I need to send/give this card away, don’t you think?  I may give it to my supervisor at work.  She has been so nice and has had some rough, busy days lately.  I’m sure it will brighten her day. 

Personal Update: I know it’s been a while since I’ve done one of these so in case you are wondering what’s going on in my life, here you go! Of course at any time if you want to email me and NOT wait for me to post something on here, feel free to! I’d love to hear from you! This is my last upload to share until the end of the week.  I am in the midst of studying for my mid-terms in my 2 classes and I must do well on them and focus!  So you may not hear from me on here or on any of your blogs unless I can sneak away a few moments on my cell phone!   My contract ends at the end of March and the company I’ve been working at since December 7th is going to hire me full-time and I am pretty excited about it!  I enjoy working there and it’s been a blessing!  Lastly, our plans to start building our house on our land is right around the corner and I am thrilled about that!  We’ve had a few delays for one reason or another but we’ve had Faith that it would all work out so it will be soon!  It’s definitely been a test in patience for us.  People are not kidding when they say it’s one of the most challenging things a couple can do together. 

Hope you have a great week ahead!

Pin It

4 comments on "The Promise of Spring"

Lori on 11:59 AM CST said...

I love this card! I'm happy things are moving along on your home. I applaud you and your husband, I don't think I could do it! *U* smiles, Lori

Julia Aston on 9:34 PM CST said...

What a fun free standing card DOnna - I missed the challenge this Friday but printed out the instructions for later!! love the pretty spring colors on this and that lovely wreath!

Carolina on 2:09 PM CST said...

Love how you used the wreath for a pop up card...your supervisor will love it and so sweet of you to give it to her.

Yeayyyy ~ so excited they're hiring your full-time! It must be such a weight lifted off your shoulders....congrats girlie!!!

On the house thing, hang in there...you're almost there ~ HUGS dear friend, I know it's been so long for your dream to come true but it will soon.

Love & Hugs!

Maria said...

Congrats! DonnaB - sooo excited about both the job & the update on the house...although, still wondering, is there water yet? :) :)

Congrats again - such wonderful news amidst all the not-so-wonderful news out there.

Post a Comment