Friday, March 12, 2010

You Rock!


joseph's coat

Here’s a fun card I made using the new You’re My Hero, current Giving Tree Program set where a proceed of the sale of the stamp goes to CureSearch.  This set was made in honor of Taylor’s neighbor Darrin who, at age 10 lost his battle with Cancer last Fall.  The set is so awesome and you would be making a small yet great contribution to help Cancer research if you were to purchase it; you will have through the month of May to make a difference.  The set is currently out of stock, but if you fill out this form you will be notified when it’s back in stock.

I used the fun yet messy technique called Joseph’s coat to make this card.  You ink up your cardstock with a spectrum pad using a brayer, ink your images with versamark ink and heat emboss with clear powder, and then brayer your whole cardstock with black ink and it will resist on the stamped areas, causing the original ink colors to shine through. 

PERSONAL UPDATE:  I hope you enjoy your Spring Break, I wish I could say I have but I injured my lower back and I’ve been laid up since Wednesday evening.  I missed work 2 days and school on Thursday evening and that bothers me.  The pain is so excruciating it’s brought me to tears so many times.  John stayed home from work to take care of me and get me to the Dr. today but I didn’t learn anything I didn’t already know – this is a re-injury of my lower back muscles which initially occurred Nov. ‘05 when I was rear-ended (smashed between 4 other cars).  I felt good enough to sit up to right this post so I feel somewhat better but as soon as I take more meds I hope to be knocked out again. 

Pin It

7 comments on "You Rock!"

Jana Weaver on 7:55 PM CST said...

beautiful card Donna!! Such a great technique for this set. I hope your back is feeling better quickly!!!
Huggs!

Melissa Sauls on 11:35 PM CST said...

Awww Donna....praying your pain ends quickly!! You poor soul! Take care of you!

AKiteFlier on 6:09 AM CST said...

Beautiful card Donna - feel better - prayers for you.

Jessica on 7:49 AM CST said...

What beautiful work Donna! I have a very bad lower back, so please take care of it and your self! We want you back at full steam ahead, but not at the cost of your health! Take care

Anonymous said...

Love this card, I have never tried this technique but have wanted to. Hope your back heals soon.
Yvonne

Lori on 11:59 AM CST said...

I'm sorry to hear about your back, Donna! Try not to worry about missing class, your professor should be able to fill you in, or a classmate. Your card is amazing! The colors with the set really rocks! I'll be praying your back heals and you feel better soon.

Alex Maldonado on 9:39 AM CDT said...

SOO cool Donna!! WHat a fun and rockin' card!! I hope you're feeling better honey :)

Post a Comment