Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Friends Furever


2s4y& tsg pups

I was so excited yesterday to get my first There She Goes stamps order; they have been on my wish list forever but I knew I just didn’t have any time to play with them until we moved so I finally took the plunge!  One of the sets I fell head over heals for is Puppy Love illustrated by Torico.  So as soon as I came home and put leftovers on the table and cleaned up, I stamped this card using this week’s recipe challenge at the TSG blog which was not a stretch for me at all but still so fun:
-Kraft card base
-Black, White and a splash of color
-Dry Embossing (Spots & Dots Cuttlebug folder)

so I used Turquoise Sea pure luxury as my splash of color – isn’t it great?  I love stamping on kraft cardstock and coloring with colored pencils (used Koh-i-noor and prismacolor) and used an inkssentials white pen to make their eyes stand out.   I had to give the pups some bling on their collars (it was cute, showed the card to John after I made it and he said, “oh I like the bling” – he does pay attention!  ha!  I went to the 2 Sketches 4 You blog for my sketch {2S4Y63} because I definitely needed a starting point for my card! I miss playing in the challenges in blog land and am so happy I can make the time now since I don’t need to pack for the move!  Instead, I need to get out in the storage shed and find things to bring IN the house but whatever – there’s plenty of time for that!  Besides, I’m enjoying the house being ‘simple’ and I am enjoying my stamping therapy!

Thanks for stopping by today! 

Pin It

11 comments on "Friends Furever"

katemade designs on 10:58 AM CDT said...

Great card. Love the dry embossing, and I can see why you fell for this image it's adorable. TFS

Betty Benton on 12:26 PM CDT said...

Awwwww, isn't this totally cute! Your embossing folder works really well with the little sunshine! And the pups are precious!

Danni on 2:48 PM CDT said...

It's on my wishlist too! Such an adorable card!

peggy wainman on 2:50 PM CDT said...

Awww,cute pups!

Jessie/knightrone on 4:44 PM CDT said...

YAAAAYYYY!! this is so CUTE!!

Piali on 9:47 AM CDT said...

Super cute!! love the stamping on Kraft.

Monika/Buzsy on 4:24 PM CDT said...

Super cute card Donna. Love the colors, the partially embossed background... cute image! :o)

Deb on 5:25 PM CDT said...

So stinkin' cute!

Jo on 9:37 AM CDT said...

Very Cute Donna

Lori on 5:06 PM CDT said...

Adorable! Love the pencils on kraft, too. I'll have to try that. Just think when you bring things in, it will be like craft shopping all over again. LOL

Unknown on 2:29 PM CDT said...

that is such an adorable stamp - gorgeous embossing too :)
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
:) Kazan

Post a Comment