Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thank Ewe Friend (I’m back!)


thank ewe

Here is a card I made using the new Funny Farm set by Gina K. Designs-it is SO cute {when you buy it, you also get a free card kit with enough supplies to make at least 6 cards!)  I just love all the animals and little farmer girl/boy in this set.  Did you make it to the release party at Stamptv on Thursday night?  It was sure fun. 

I chose Vicki’s sketch challenge at STV for my card; what’s so cool about her sketch is that she gives you an option of a CAS (clean & simple) sketch and an intermediate one with more layers.  I chose to do something middle of the road on mine!  The card base Innocent Pink, scallop nestability is Moonlit fog and the pattern paper is also new in the store, Olivia by Basic Grey. You have until Wed Oct 6 8:00 pm to upload your creation and have your chance at winning a free stamp set of your choice (you get 2 entries if you use GKD stamps, but you certainly are not required to!)

Did you know Gina K. is featured every month on the local Wisconsin news station?  There is a video on the main page you can see where Gina shares an easy way to get your pictures out of the shoebox and organized with one sheet of cardstock! 

move in day

Sorry it’s taken me so long to update since the move – I just needed some time to get settled so this felt like ‘home’ plus we had about a day & a half with our dog & cat adjusting to the change which was/is unsettling to us too.  In fact we’re still wondering how to get our dog Shelby around the concrete floors without having to wear paw booties which I know she hates :-(   Here is a quick photo we took before after we got cleaned up and headed back to Austin to treat our friends who helped us move to dinner and pick up the animals.  I am thrilled about our new home, relishing every moment with all the hard work to get here the past almost 4 years!  However the work is not completely done, we threw out some grass seed last night so Shelby doesn’t have to walk in the dirt (and God forbid mud when it rains!) 

Here is a picture of our wonderful friends James schwerdtfegers& Stephanie at dinner (we went to one of my favorite S. Austin joints Hill’s Cafe) and listened to some live music after dinner.  If I am correct, we met in 2004 and love them so much (and always have a lot of fun together) – it’s amazing the similarities between John and Stephanie and between James and myself – we always laugh when more and more pop up after all these years!  I made this card to send to them, by the way *smile)

I’m hosting my first dinner guests for lunch today so I better get going on some preparations – dad & stepmom Shirley (belated birthday dinner for her since it was last Sat -the day we moved). 

Thanks for stopping by!  Tomorrow Taylor & the design team will be starting sneak peeks for the huge holiday release so be sure to come back!

Pin It

4 comments on "Thank Ewe Friend (I’m back!)"

Lori on 5:13 PM CDT said...

Cute card and fabulous pics! Donna, you are so darn busy! You are just one of those people who are easy for me to love, so much positive energy. I tell ya, I feel it all the way up to Michigan! Enjoy your home.

Casmiles on 8:34 PM CDT said...

Precious card, Donna! I love it. And congratulations on your move. I can't believe you're already hosting dinner parties. I'd be unpacking til after Christmas! You go girl! I'm so excited for you to be in your new home.

Betty Benton on 10:26 PM CDT said...

I'm trying to catch up with my emails and I see that you have moved into your new home! Congratulations!!

Melanie on 7:08 AM CDT said...

that door you chose looks fabulous! :)

Post a Comment