Saturday, October 31, 2009

Baby's First Christmas



I just adore this teddy bear Asela illustrated for Gina K. Designs in the new set First Christmas.  Paired with the Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly peppermint swirl paper makes for a sweet monochromatic card!  I used this week's SCS sketch layout (SC252). 

I drew in a floor line so the teddy looks like he's sitting near a wall and colored in shadows with my prismacolor pencils.  I used Pure Luxury rocket red & Ivory cardstock and the sponge distressing is antique linen ranger ink. 

I hope whatever plans you have for Halloween, you stay safe!  We are going to John's co-worker's house for an adult/kid Halloween/UT football game/potluck  get-together and it's mandatory everyone dress up (the only easy thing I could conjure up is to wear my long john pj's, slippers, wear my hair in ponytails and carry around a stuffed animal to be a little girl) so that's what I'll do.  Just spending time with his co-workers will be fun enough for me!  Add good food & candy to the mix and that makes for a blast of an evening! Pin It

4 comments on "Baby's First Christmas"

Lori on 1:23 PM CDT said...

Awesome! A simple line and shading work wonders for a card. It's just not easy to get the line and the shading just right. You are so talented!

Danni on 4:35 PM CDT said...

Very sweet!

Cheryl on 2:30 PM CST said...

Too cute Donna! Lovely papers, image, and I love that ribbon!

Dina on 8:39 AM CST said...

This is so sweet! Love the Jolly by Golly DP!

Post a Comment