Sunday, October 11, 2009

Monkey Love


I've been very busy making Christmas gifts lately and I have one to show you (actually I made the monkey -click for link to pattern if you're interested in learning more-to give to my nephew Joey a few months ago) but just finally got around to making a card to go with it. I make my niece, his older sister so many things I need to make it a point to find things I can make & send him!!

My sister said he is so active; climbing on things, jumping off the couch arm onto the couch, etc. so she started calling him monkey and he finds it amusing. I can't wait to see him in just a week and a half! I plan on taking my gifts for family with me so that's why I've been busy making sure they're all done so I can save $ on shipping them! I will just wrap them while I'm there.

Of course I had to use my monkey from Beary Special but since I wanted him to be for Christmas, I made a santa hat for him to wear and used liquid applique on the white portions which gives it such a fun dimension to it! Here is a close up of him. I also wanted him to be more Christmasy with a little Christmas tree to hold in his hands from Holiday Wonder. The sketch I used for my card is this week's SCS sketch 249 which was perfect to use elements from my Very Merry Christmas Bundle (currently out of stock) but the cardstock, pattern paper & ribbon can be found in the Christmas key ingredients. I accented the tree trimmings with copic atyou spica pens.

One of the most fun things to do when you have a desire to dabble in more than one craft like I do - is to see how they can compliment each other like this gift! I believe if he likes this monkey, it will be something he will have for a LONG time and will always know his Auntie Donna made it especially for him! That warms my heart!
Pin It

5 comments on "Monkey Love"

Sharon Harnist on 11:58 AM CDT said...

So sweet, Donna -- what a special gift and beautiful card that matches perfectly! Love that you gave th monkey a Santa hat and tree!

Monika/Buzsy on 6:12 PM CDT said...

What a cute monkey and card Donna! Great job on both! Love the cute image holding the tree! TFS!

Cheryl on 12:01 PM CDT said...

Too cute Donna! Nice, bright colors and that monkey is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all the sweet, hand-made, heart-felt gifts you have given Gabriella and Joseph. After they have finished looking and playing with them, I will save everything for them when they have children of their own!

Sister-in-CA, Val

TannyP on 10:24 AM CDT said...

Awww - I love how you've colored this sweet monkey. Love all those Beary Special animals!

Post a Comment