Friday, October 16, 2009

Lord of the Season blog hop with Gina K. Designs



Today Gina K. designers, CenterStage spotlight/guest designers are sharing creations made with Nina's Lord of the Season set.  For my card, I used the Vintage Holly digital papers Emily designed last month, along with the holiday tree.  I wanted to this card somewhat of a shabby feel but did not go to the extreme of distressing or sewing.  I just rubbed gold metallic paste on the focal image.  I also strung up some small pearls on the tree and added some red ornaments (rhinestones).  My cardbase & layers are Fresh Asparagus.  My embellishments are buttons from the holiday button assortment. The layout I used is by Mercy Kerin-MTSC43 (I've been meaning to play with her sketches for months now and just got around to doing it, it's a great one!) 

For even more ideas with Nina Brackett's Lord of the Season stamp set, be sure to visit the Gina K Idea Center Lord of the Season

Gina K Designer's joining in on the hop tonight:
Nina Brackett
Carolyn King


Jessica Fick

Lee Murphy
Melanie Muenchinger
Theresa Momber


September's Center Stage Spotlight Team:
and Nina's Guest Designer: Crystal Bernsdorf
Pin It

31 comments on "Lord of the Season blog hop with Gina K. Designs"

Cat Tidwell on 10:07 PM CDT said...

Oh loving this with those papers Donna, and love the pearls on the tree, neat idea!

Theresa Momber on 10:07 PM CDT said...

This is gorgeous! Love Emily's papers with this image.

Lori on 10:07 PM CDT said...

Beautiful Donna!!! I love the added pearls, I thought about doing the same thing...great minds, lol!!!

JenMarie on 10:07 PM CDT said...

So pretty!

Tami Grandi on 10:12 PM CDT said...

This is beautiful! I love the mixing of the papers!

Janice M on 10:16 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card!! I Love the colors/DP you used!

joy on 10:18 PM CDT said...

Oh, I love the way you have put the different papers together and united them with the tree colors and the little pot! Great job.

Patti J. on 10:38 PM CDT said...

Donna, this is so elegant and classy. Beautiful card!

Lisa Hjulberg on 10:42 PM CDT said...

Hi Donna! I love your card! The DP and bling on the tree make this really pop!

Deb on 10:47 PM CDT said...

Emily's papers are so beautiful with these images, and the gold rub-on really made everything so very elegant!

Giovana on 11:15 PM CDT said...

Your card is fabulous! and the combinations of papers is great!!
God bless
Giovana

Melissa on 11:54 PM CDT said...

Love it Donna! The colors you used have me in the Christmas spirit already!

Lee on 12:02 AM CDT said...

Ohhh how very sweet!! I love the strings of pearls!!!

TexasGrammy on 4:15 AM CDT said...

It's all so very well planned & coordinated! Love the tree and the pearls!

~Bev

Denise Marzec on 5:31 AM CDT said...

Beautiful, Donna! Love the blingy ornaments and the beautiful digi papers!

NinaB on 6:06 AM CDT said...

I love those little pearls on the tree. Beautiful, Donna.

Mary Anne / MA54K on 7:44 AM CDT said...

This is just perfect in the classic red and green for the holidays!

Unknown on 9:16 AM CDT said...

I love the richness of your card, Donna! It's so pretty!

Christi on 12:09 PM CDT said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card, Donna! I love the way you did the tree...beautiful!

Lori on 1:17 PM CDT said...

Love this one, Donna! The pearls are my fav part!

Chrisd on 2:56 PM CDT said...

This is so lovely and what a relaxed feeling from it.

Melanie on 5:32 PM CDT said...

love how you used Emily's papers here!

Carolyn King on 5:35 PM CDT said...

very pretty.. love all the dp in the background!!!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) on 9:07 PM CDT said...

Wow! Your card is gorgeous! Love the mix of DPs.

Maria on 9:41 PM CDT said...

This is fabulous! I love those pearls, what fantastic details!

Linda on 9:54 PM CDT said...

Hey cute buttons

redwasher1 on 1:46 PM CDT said...

Donna this is beautiful!!

Crystal on 6:12 PM CDT said...

Ohh, this is beautiful , Donna ! Love that gorgeous DP and those pearls ! Great job !

Rose Ann on 10:39 AM CDT said...

I love your beautiful Christmas card, Donna!! Your papers are so pretty, and I love your buttons and bling!! Darling tree image too!!

Carolina on 2:55 PM CDT said...

Ever so cute!!!

Emily Leiphart on 9:33 AM CDT said...

So beautiful. Love everything about it!

Post a Comment