Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Gina K. Preview: First Christmas & Vintage Borders


I am so happy to share with today's previews for Gina K.'s October release which is scheduled for Thursday. 

My first card is for Asela's First Christmas set, for baby's and couple's first Christmases together.  I am using a set of smaller ornaments and decided to put them in Melanie's wine glass from A Charmed Life.  Can you believe how perfectly they fit in there?  Stamping serendipity!  The sentiment 'Feliz Navidad' is in the set, which is perfect to send to my Godmother who speaks Spanish.  I used the Jolly by Golly paper pad by Cosmo Cricket, Rocket Red & pure luxury cardstock, Ivory gold-lined organdy ribbon, flourish punch, holiday button assortment, and holiday metallic paste on the main image, all of which are available in the Gina K. Designs store.    

On my next card, I used Nina's new set called Vintage Borders, a great set of borders that can be used on all occasion cards, as well as Christmas!  I used 2 Christmas stamps on my card - the row of delicate and decorative ornaments and Merry Christmas in different languages which I just love!  The layout of my card is fashioned after the week 4 Viva La Verve challenge!  I did them all this month!  I kept the card clean and simple by not even coloring in the ornaments.  I used Cranberry Tart pure luxury cardstock and Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper, in addition to coordinating ribbon from the holiday assortment of ribbon.  This would make a great mass production card! 


For more previews using these great sets, please visit the Illustrators of the stamp sets featured tonight:
We have several of our Center Stage Spotlight Designers joining in the previews:
Finally, stop by these Gina K Designers' blogs for even more projects with tonight's stamp sets:

Our Release party will be held Thursday night over on SCS in GinaK's Forum from 7-10 pm CST.  We'd love to have you join in the fun!  There will be contest questions, challenges, chatter, and more samples from our designers throughout the party!  See you then!
Pin It

25 comments on "Gina K. Preview: First Christmas & Vintage Borders"

Carolyn King on 10:22 PM CDT said...

beautiful cards donna! love how you put the ornaments in the glass! fun and creative!

Sharri on 10:36 PM CDT said...

Donna, Beautiful! I love the ornaments in the wine glass! Very creative.

Tina on 10:39 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna... that glass is perfect for the bulbs!!! Great job!!!!

Janice M on 10:41 PM CDT said...

Great cards! Love the ornaments in the wine glass!!

Theresa Momber on 10:44 PM CDT said...

Oh, those ornaments in the glass are just too fun! LOVE IT! Gorgeous cards!!!

Melissa on 10:55 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna! I love them both. You are so clever to put the ornaments in the wine glass! I want your brain :)

Deb on 10:55 PM CDT said...

This is so creative and gorgeous! I love them both, but that wine glass is definitely my fav!

Lee on 1:36 AM CDT said...

Ohhh now THAT wineglass showcasing the ornaments is soooo awesome!!!! I love the monochromatic card too with the borders!!!

NinaB on 4:00 AM CDT said...

You are so creative and always thinking outside of the box, Donna. I love the wine glass card and your monochromatic card is beautiful.

asela on 5:43 AM CDT said...

How cool is that! Of course I planned them to fit the glass...hehehehe...you are so creative! Love them both

Cat Tidwell on 6:29 AM CDT said...

Awesome Donna! LOVE those ornaments in the wine glass, way cool!

Melanie on 6:50 AM CDT said...

that is so creative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and so many awesome details!! and red!!!!

Cheryl on 7:36 AM CDT said...

Wow Donna, they are both gorgeous! Love the colors, images, and all of your added embellies...very nicely done girl!

Lynn Mercurio on 8:32 AM CDT said...

Fantastic creativity Donna...love how versatile these sets are and you showcased that beautifully!

Jami on 9:22 AM CDT said...

Donna I love both of your cards! You are the Queen of combining stamp sets and that first card is so clever! Love the simplicity of the 2nd card!

Jennie on 11:20 AM CDT said...

Love these cards Donna! I am so getting Vintage Borders!!! Aren't the Verve sketches fun :o)

kerianne on 12:11 PM CDT said...

Umm, I'm kinda speechless. Your creativity on both of these cards is so great!! The ornaments in the glass...brilliant, and your second cards is just plain wonderful!!

Wordbird on 12:17 PM CDT said...

Donna...you are incredibly creative!...The ornaments in the wine glass is so neat!...I also love the beautiful embossed layers of your second card. Lovely projects! ;D Diana

Giovana on 5:19 PM CDT said...

Beautiful!! Love the colors and designs you used.
TFS
God bless

Lori on 5:37 PM CDT said...

Super! The wine glass is perfect, thanks for the idea. Your second card is beautiful as well.

Lori on 5:58 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna!!!! The wine glass card is such a good idea!!!!

Unknown on 7:13 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna! Look at you go! On such short notice too!! Love them both - especially your idea with the Christmas bulbs in the glass... perfection!!!

Anonymous said...

I have missed seeing all your creations for awhile.. I am so glad I stopped by fora look. These two cards are beautiful. I love the music and the ornaments.

redwasher1 on 8:25 PM CDT said...

You are so clever!! Love your beautiful cards.

Emily Leiphart on 9:19 AM CDT said...

Wow, both cards are just superb! I really love the row of ornaments and the words on the second card!

Post a Comment