Thursday, October 8, 2009

Masculine Postage


I don't do it often enough but it's kind of fun making masculine cards, you know cards without all the fuss; no ribbon or bling or anything feminine. I always feel such a sense of accomplishment when the card comes out nicely.

This card I made using Mojo Monday sketch 107 was combined with this week's SCS color {CC239} combo of Kraft/Taupe (I used Soft Sand), Mellow Moss & White, which fit the bill for a no-frills masculine birthday card! I naturally wanted to use my new Special Delivery set by Gina K. Designs, in which a lot of the images can be used for a masculine greeting! I used the simple postage stamp with a few postage elements including non-real postage cost and added a little sponging for interest. The gauze digital paper I used is a freebie at StampTV called Summer Fabrics (it's fun to use year-round)! I finished my card off with some white metallic adhesive dots.

Thanks for stopping by - hope you're having a great day! Pin It

3 comments on "Masculine Postage"

Lori on 3:24 PM CDT said...

This is a great guy card! Very clean looking.

Jennie on 6:05 PM CDT said...

Love this Donna! Okay, how did you get it perfectly centered (the postage stamp with the inside stamped too?) This is such a fabulous design and love the colors. There is a sense of accomplishment when you create a masculine card (no muss, no fuss, no frills...and I am out of what would rhyme), LOL!

craftieodmae on 7:16 AM CDT said...

this is fantastic! You do such beautiful work!

Post a Comment