Monday, October 12, 2009

Hip to be square hop: The Best Things in Life...


It's time to hop around the designer's blogs with the new Hip to be square set, illustrated by Melanie for Gina K. Designs!

I wanted to see what fun images from her other sets that could work with this new set because sometimes as an illustrator and designer, she consciously 'plans' for the match ups while others are happy accidents! I'm not sure if she saw this one coming! The bow in her new set matches up perfectly with her onesie in Wee Tees! I used a stamp positioner to line it up perfectly and only had to extend it to the bottom with a brown marker. I used Basic Grey Lemonade paper to stamp the four square, and lined up 'the best things in life {babies} come from God' from The Best Things in Life on my block and stamped it at an angle on the paper. Since I am all about the Janome sewing machine right now, I had to zigzag stitch with brown thread to coordinate. I punched 3/4" of paper to go behind the clear button as an embellishment. This card is so special, but I don't know anyone even pregnant right now to give it to. Oh well, it will be part of my stash.

For even more ideas with the Hip to be Square stamp set, visit Melanie's blog below as well as the Gina K. Idea Center here: Hip to be Square. Melanie's tip sheet has been added to the Idea Center as a PDF so you can print out her tips and suggestions for a handy reference tool!





Pin It

28 comments on "Hip to be square hop: The Best Things in Life..."

Giovana on 10:15 PM CDT said...

Beautiful baby card!! The colors are perfect.
God bless
Giovana

Karen Knegten said...

Clever baby card- love it!

Carolyn King on 10:59 PM CDT said...

adorable. love how you combined those sets, math whiz!

Lee on 11:00 PM CDT said...

Wow Donna!!!! I love how you combined the stamp sets for this.....fabulous!!

Jamie on 11:14 PM CDT said...

I have 6 baby cards that I need to make for 6 new babies that our friends have had in the last week. Thank you for this idea.

Jamie

freetimegone on 11:15 PM CDT said...

Your card is awesome and I love the colors you used with this stamp set.

Gloria Westerman on 11:18 PM CDT said...

Donna, This is so pretty. I think I will make one just like this. I have a new nephew and would love to send this to new mom. She would just love it. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Deebi27 on 12:20 AM CDT said...

Sweet...what a great thinking outside the box! Go Donna!

Ravengirl on 12:44 AM CDT said...

What an adorable baby card!

joy on 2:40 AM CDT said...

Those are beautiful colors and your element placement is very eye appealing.

NinaB on 2:42 AM CDT said...

Oh, this is very cute, Donna. I need to make some baby cards and this is perfect.

Terri Trotter Earley on 5:40 AM CDT said...

What a cutie! It seems that everyone I know is preganat right now, so how perfect.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

asela on 5:59 AM CDT said...

Perfect!

Donna VW on 6:12 AM CDT said...

Oh so cute!

Cat Tidwell on 6:13 AM CDT said...

Oh this is too cute Donna! Love the bow on the onesie! And loving all the stitching too!

Carla S. on 6:47 AM CDT said...

What a sweet baby card, Donna! Great DP and I love how you combined the sets!

Mary Anne / MA54K on 6:55 AM CDT said...

Thanks for showing an amazingly adorable way to use this set! I just love it!

Maria on 8:08 AM CDT said...

What a cute baby card! Love the stitching!!

Piali on 8:35 AM CDT said...

Adorable card!!! love how you used the sets.

Cheryl on 8:49 AM CDT said...

This is precious Donna! Love those DP's, and that onesie is just perfect!

JessicaK on 8:59 AM CDT said...

Sweet! Great job combining the sets.

Unknown on 9:27 AM CDT said...

Cute, Donna! What a fun idea to use the bow on the onesie! Babies are the best gifts - so it's perfect together!

Monika/Buzsy on 9:36 AM CDT said...

Fabulous card Donna. Love the colors, the words... the cute onesie... TFS!

Tina on 11:14 AM CDT said...

Eeek... how VERY clever of you!!! I bet she didn't see that coming! Then again.. you have wonder about that Melanie... she has some secrets she doesn't always share right away... *wink*

Melissa on 12:12 PM CDT said...

Great card Donna! I am diggin' all of this inspiration.

Melanie on 3:38 PM CDT said...

that is so clever what you did with the bow! I love the background you made with it too! :)

TannyP on 10:25 AM CDT said...

Beautiful, Donna! You're so darn creative!

Jennie on 2:54 PM CDT said...

This is just the sweetest card...I love the colors and think it is just precious! :o)

Post a Comment