Tuesday, December 1, 2009

GKD Preview: Warm & Wonderful & Life is Good


snowflake butterfly

Hi there!  I’m happy to share a card I made using the new set Warm & Wonderful, illustrated by Rupa Shevde for Gina K.Designs!  This is a wonderful Wintery set in true  Rupa style! 

I decided to highlight the delicate snowflakes she drew in this set and the sentiment ‘A snowflake is winter’s butterfly’ – isn’t that nice??  I wanted to make snowflake butterflies to go along with it too.  So, I grabbed my Take Flight set and inked the edges with a marker.  First, I made a ‘mask’ (see pictures below) which would allow me to be able to stamp my snowflakes on the inside of the butterfly.  I stamped the snowflakes on the new Mother of Pearl cardstock by Gina K. which has a beautiful shimmer to it!  Be careful when using a dye ink on it, it takes a wile for the ink to dry.  You can heat set it if you don’t have time to wait for it dry on its own. 

IMG_7020

After I stamped and heat embossed (clear powder) my snowflakes, I sponged some Cool Caribbean ink, which made for a subtle look on the butterflies.  I finished off my card with a layer of smoky slate cardstock and my card base is the new Ocean Mist.  Lastly, I added some pearls for pretty accents.  I just love this clean and simple card that packs a big punch with this beautiful new cardstock! 

You’ll definitely want to check out our designer's blogs participating in the previews tonight; where you will see  previews using Theresa’s new set Life is Good:

GinaK, Carolyn, Cathy, Cindy, Emily, Erika, Jessica, Lee, Lynn,
Melanie, Nina and  Theresa Momber

We also have one of our special Center Stage Spotlight Designer joining us with our previews: Peggy Wainman

Pin It

28 comments on "GKD Preview: Warm & Wonderful & Life is Good"

joy on 10:12 PM CST said...

The ocean mist and pearls are a perfect combination of soft colors

Lee on 10:16 PM CST said...

Ohhhh what delicate beauty!!!!

slbt17 on 10:27 PM CST said...

wonderful!
Sandra

Giovana on 10:42 PM CST said...

So pretty!

Giovana on 10:42 PM CST said...

So pretty!

Karen (TLgirl353) on 10:43 PM CST said...

Soft and pretty, Donna!

Janice M on 10:50 PM CST said...

Great card, cool Butterflies!

Jennie on 10:53 PM CST said...

This is beautiful and how perfect to use the outline of a butterfly with this sentiment!

Paula Laird on 11:04 PM CST said...

Oh my goodness, this is stamping awesomeness!!! LOVE IT!

Melissa on 11:32 PM CST said...

Absolutely gorgeous Donna! I'm adding to my Cards to Case file!

nancy on 1:31 AM CST said...

Donna, your card is stunning. And I'm sure the photo isn't giving the stamping its due. I'd love to see this in person.

NinaB on 3:07 AM CST said...

This is so delicate and beautiful, Donna. The pearls are just the perfect embellies.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Such a wonderful, soft card. I love how you did the butterfly, beautiful.

Mary Anne / MA54K on 5:44 AM CST said...

Wonderful idea, Donna! It's gorgeous!

Cat Tidwell on 6:27 AM CST said...

Oh how cool is your butterfly! I LOVE how you have done this Donna, and thanks for the tutorial on it!

Carla S. on 7:20 AM CST said...

What a soft and beautiful winter card, Donna! I love the colors and the pretty snowflake butterflies!

Theresa Momber on 7:37 AM CST said...

Oooh, so beautiful, Donna! Love the pearls on that gorgeous paper.

Cheryl on 8:27 AM CST said...

Absolutely gorgeous Donna! Love those butterflies and pearls...great color combo too! Just lovely!

Lagene on 11:31 AM CST said...

Beautiful! Soooo outside the box! Beautiful Snow butterfly!!!!

JessicaK on 1:08 PM CST said...

Lovely butterflies, and what acool wasy to use the pearls - I'd never seen that before.

JessicaK on 1:08 PM CST said...

Lovely butterflies, and what acool wasy to use the pearls - I'd never seen that before.

JessicaK on 1:08 PM CST said...

Lovely butterflies, and what acool wasy to use the pearls - I'd never seen that before.

JessicaK on 1:08 PM CST said...

Lovely butterflies, and what acool wasy to use the pearls - I'd never seen that before.

JessicaK on 1:08 PM CST said...

Lovely butterflies, and what acool wasy to use the pearls - I'd never seen that before.

Lori on 2:21 PM CST said...

Great use of the butterflies with the snowflakes, Donna!

Carolyn King on 4:06 PM CST said...

how cool! What a beautiful (and creative) card!

Carolina on 11:59 PM CST said...

Oh your card is just beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing with us how you created it...love it!

Cheryl on 6:06 AM CST said...

Hi again Donna, just wanted to let you know I have a special award for you over at my blog:

http://chercroppin.blogspot.com/2009/12/kreativ-blogger-about-me.html

Post a Comment