Saturday, December 5, 2009

Stay Warm!!


sweater & scarf

Baby it’s cold outside!!  Parts of Austin and surrounding areas got snow flurries yesterday but I don’t think ANY made it us (boo).  I holed myself up in my room yesterday and crocheted to my heart’s content since I hadn’t done it in a while.  It was nice. 

Today I have a fun blue & brown card using Basic Grey Offbeat papers and the new GKD set Warm & Wonderful to share with you.  I love the sentiment in this set Consider yourself {hugged} it’s just great because when you send a card to some one you love/care about, isn’t it like you’re sending them a hug in the mail?  For me it is…I used the new Ocean Mist blue and Chocolate Kiss Pure Luxury c/s by Gina K.  It’s such a fabulous combination, wouldn’t you agree?! 

cheryl blog award Next, I want to share a blog award I got from the very lovely & talented Cheryl and need to share some random stuff about me!   Thank you, Cheryl!!

One of the rules of this award is to list 7 random things about yourself:

1) I love to make things besides cards: I learned to crochet when I was 9 and haven’t stopped since!
2) I love to cook and bake; I’m making Peanut Butter & Chocolate Balls today (imagine a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup – yum!)  Soon I will share some photos and my experience meeting PW (The Pioneer Woman)
3) I don’t really like to shop unless it’s stuff for our new home that we’re building! 
4) I love cats & dogs!  We have 1 dog and 2 cats and plan to have more when we move! 
5) I love watching HGTV
6) I love Marie Callender’s Potato Cheese Soup – it’s a lot of work but oh so good! 
7) I love watching Food Network! 

The other rule is to pass this award on to 7 other kreativ-bloggers, and here they are, in no particular order:

1) Karen “Saucy” Motz
2) Melissa Shultz
3) Sankari Wegman
4) Randi Barrett
5) Alex Maldonado
6) Melissa Sauls
7) Rachel Sztonyk

I have to go; we’re heading out to all you can eat pancakes at Applebee’s to support a local middle school’s band (a neighbor boy came by a few weeks to sell us tickets and just couldn’t resist, especially when he greeted me at the door saying, “Do you like pancakes?” what a line!  I love pancakes anyway so I’m looking forward to it, just not necessarily to the LOW temps outside! 

Pin It

8 comments on "Stay Warm!!"

Karen Motz on 2:52 PM CST said...

Wow Donna...thanks so much for the award!! Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls eh? Hmmm...do those travel well, say to CHA? :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna, thank you for the award. ;D I am getting better at putting things on my blog so look for it soon. Merry Christmas dear friend!!

Melissa Sauls on 6:47 PM CST said...

Super cute card Donna!! I just love the blues and browns together. One of my favorite combinations! Also, thank you for the huge honor and nominating me as a Kreativ blogger!!! Holy cow, you are such a doll. Hope you are staying warm. Also, post how tasty those desserts are (and maybe a pic??) they sound soooo yummy!

Lori on 7:39 PM CST said...

A nice toasty warm card! Very yummy colors. Hope the pancakes are hot for you!

Cheryl on 9:04 AM CST said...

This is soooooo cute Donna! Lovely papers, colors, and what an adorable sweater...really nice job on this sweetie : )

I'm so glad you like your award, you deserve it!

Love reading more aboutchya! I too am a HUGE Food Network and Pioneer Woman fan!!!

Alex on 10:01 PM CST said...

Hey chickie!! Thank you SOO much for thinking of me for your snazzy award! I will be posting it shortly! I LOVE love your card! Thanks to you I will be placing my very first GinaK order!! :)
Hugs!!

Unknown on 1:12 PM CST said...

Beautiful card! Hope you're having a wonderful Christmas season so far!

Rose Ann on 11:07 AM CST said...

What a cozy-sweet card, Donna!! I love the colors/papers!!

Post a Comment