Saturday, October 6, 2007

World Card-Making Day Projects


Happy World Card-Making Day! I celebrated with some friends coming over to stamp - making 2 each of 5 different card designs (total of 10 cards) all using the Dashing & Wintergreen DS paper by SU! My 3 trees card was inspired by Kristine Paisley of Paisley Scraps and am I ever glad I found her card! One of my customers is going to use this design for her Christmas cards & bought everything for it today! It was hard for them to say which card was their favorite...I was very humbled by all of their wonderful compliments about my great card making skills, asking me how I came up with my designs, colors, etc. I quickly told them I get a lot of my inspiration on-line from all the great bloggers out there! I value this resource! Thanks Kristine!


This next set of cards shows the tent topper card created by Michelle Wooderson at Mish Mash and I get a LOT of inspiration from that woman! The snowman card was inspired by a local stamper friend, Ellen Tucker - from her winter mini shoebox swap at our upline's house last month!

I gave everyone who attended one of these little gifts! Inside the little Wilton Favor tins is a mix of candy corn & roasted, salted peanuts and it is one of my favorite snacks for the fall! It tastes exactly like a Baby Ruth candy bar!! I thought the little Loads of Love Accessories was perfect for this! I used Pure Color Pencils to color them. They really liked them.

Pin It

8 comments on "World Card-Making Day Projects"

Kristine Paisley on 6:36 PM CDT said...

Thanks Donna for the lovely compliments, and for taking time to check out my blog! Love your version, and the rest of your work!!
Kristine

My Paper World on 6:41 PM CDT said...

Love your cards, they are just gorgeous!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:12 PM CDT said...

What wonderful cards! Sounds like you had fun! LOVE the little treat! Sounds yummy!

blah on 10:13 PM CDT said...

Cute, cute, cute cards!!!! I love the little favor you gave out--I'll have to try this combo since it sounds like the perfect sweet and salty combo when I'm not in a chocolate mood.

Rose Ann on 10:31 AM CDT said...

I can see why your friends were "WOW'd"! All of your cards are so awesome, Donna! And I love your little tins with the goodies inside! What a wonderful 'World Card Making Day'!

Bev Gerard on 2:07 PM CDT said...

Wowweeeee, Donna! This entire collection is just beautiful! Everything is just perfect! Way to go, go, go!!

~Tex

Risa on 5:27 PM CDT said...

lucky lucky girl!!!!These RAK's are awesome!!!!

Cedar Creek on 9:58 PM CST said...

I like the reindeer in the card. too cute!

Post a Comment