Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Randomness


well, since I haven't posted anything in a while, I brought a cold back with me from CA and I'm getting caught up on my blurfing (698 posts to go) I figured I would play along with some randomness after reading Kathat's Randomness and SpazzGirl's Tags

7 random things

scary movies - my mom let me watch when I was real young (I'm thinking like 8, maybe) and instead of them freaking me out or being scared of the boogeyman, I grew to LOVE them. Can't get enough...in fact, most times I'm disappointed there aren't enough GREAT ones out there! My all-time faves are: Halloween (original, I haven't seen the most recent yet *GASP*) Jeepers Creepers, all the SAWS, Hostel and Hostel II.

favorite food - my favorite food of all time is Indian food. In fact, if I was told to pick one type of food to eat for the rest of my life, that would be it. I LOVE kheer (rice pudding) and Palak Paneer (spinach) and all the BREADS they serve like roti, naan, chapati. YUM, love the spice, aromas, etc.

mud - I love the smell of wet dirt. When I was a kid, my mom would get me ready for a bath and once I had all my clothes off...I would dart out the back door and play in the dirt real quick (hey, I had to have a real reason to get clean) the neighbors would see me and laugh as my mom would run after me. I used to make (and eat) mud pies.

ice cream - LOVE it, couldn't live without it. Well, it's not like I eat it everyday. But, when my mom was pregnant with me, she did. every day - black cherry ice cream - that's the only kind I don't like, wonder why?!

don't sweat the small stuff - those are some of the best books I have ever read and they work! I used to let little things bother me and then I would allow them to control my mood. When I was introduced to those, boy oh boy I realized how much wasted energy and unhappiness I was allowing in my life. Things are much better now, not that I am perfect and don't allow little annoyances, but it's good to get things in perspective. I have read the original, the one for women written by the author's wife, have 1/2 to go in the work one and 1/2 in the love one.

sleep - I savor every moment of it. My mom always had me take a nap when I was little and as ad adult I realized how sweet they were so why stop? I love to take naps and I can fall asleep ANYWHERE, with noise of people, the t.v., the washer, dryer, dishwasher, people talking. I think I'm a pretty sound sleeper, but DO NOT under any circumstance, take your guard down when I am woken up suddenly. Zero to B in 2 seconds...I woke up kicking and swinging at my middle sister before when she woke me up. Lately if I fall asleep before DH and he wakes me up moving, I snap! It's usually just when he's trying to get comfortable. I move to the other room if he irks me. I guess I may be sweating the small stuff? Nah, just don't want to be woken up.

sisters - if you have one or more you know what I mean. If you don't, I think you may have missed out on one of life's joys. My oldest sister and I always got along, we played together, we worked together, we would shop, watch t.v. and gang up on our middle sister (I'm the baby). But there's a bond there that will never be broken. My sisters and I went through loss early on with our dad of a heart attack when we were 14, 13 and 9. I used to fight constantly with my middle sister, I hated the air she breathed, everything about her bugged me. Then when my mom said that the only thing she ever wanted was for us to get along, we really tried because when we were only 31, 30 and 26 we lost our mom to lung cancer. My sisters and I are all really close now, and my middle sister and I can hang out without fighting (probably helps I live 1,000 miles away though) but we truly like and love one another (our mom's wish came true). It was through our loss that we were knit closer together. This past weekend I had a sweet flashback of when we were little. My niece is learning to be potty trained. Well the night I arrived, we were all in there watching her and encouraging her and so happy and cheering when she went. It reminded me of when my sisters potty trained me. My mom said they would sit on the edge of the tub and cheer me on, just like we were with my niece. I am sad when I think that our mom and dad are missing out on their first granchild, but have to believe they are somehow able to still watch us and were smiling on us during that moment last week.

That's it - kinda long, huh? If you read this far, thanks and you're a star! Pin It

5 comments on "Randomness"

blah on 9:18 PM CST said...

Love your random comments! I like these little bits and pieces of your life that you've shared with us.

Unknown on 10:18 AM CST said...

love it! Totally interesting.
I think you are the only person I know who would say they love Indian food the most.
And I am like you and seriously LOVE sleep but am completely unpleasant when I first wake up. Luckily people I love already know this. lol

Rose Ann on 10:10 PM CST said...

I enjoyed reading these! It's good to know you better! ;) Thanks for sharing!

Cedar Creek on 9:51 PM CST said...

Ice Cream is always best! Hmm...where is mine?

dpkennedy on 3:49 PM CST said...

That left me teary eyed *sigh*. I never had a sister but I am very lucky to have great friends and making more everyday since finding this whole new stamping world online! I love discovering new blogs (almost daily it seems!) and your's is terrific. Thanks!

Post a Comment