Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fruitcake Angel


Maybe that's not the best title. This is my card for entering Jen Del Muro's Want Verve contest! It is my version of her Sketch from Saturday This is On Angel Wings retired from SU! that is my go to set for Christmas every year because it's so pretty. I loved pairing it with Soft Sky (Floral BG on that), Blue Bayou and I thought a nice match was this paper from Basic Grey's Fruitcake. DH suggested I make her a redhead (I was thinking of the famous redhead who's become a mommy to her first boy recently, Charmaine...she's so sweet & pretty). I love using Dazzling Diamonds on the angel's wings. You can't tell in my photo, but the sentiment is done with White Craft ink and Iridescent Ice embossing powder (since I still had it out from last night). My pearls are from Elle Hutson's online store {which by the way is having a great 15% off sale on Friday and she's also giving away a set of heart nestabilities on this post Aren't they pretty? I almost forgot I had them (first time using) and I am not quite sure I like where I placed them?! Maybe they should have been horizontal with the lower layer. Oh well, too late to move them now because of the self-adhesive stuff.

**ETA - I forgot to color the bird, but then again Doves are white so I guess it's o.k. Tired & ready for bed. Pin It

4 comments on "Fruitcake Angel"

Velta on 4:35 AM CST said...

Oh My Donna ~ This is so pretty. I love the pearls! And thanks for the heads up on freebies :)

Jacki Marie on 8:19 PM CST said...

I love that angel stamp! Your colors are beautiful and the whole card is wonderful! great job...

Debbie Olson on 9:04 PM CST said...

I love that stamp too! Still have it, and won't get rid of it. She gorgeous as a redhead--beautiful colors!

Rose Ann on 3:28 AM CST said...

You've colored your angel so beautifully! I love the sparkle and papers!

Post a Comment