Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day 2 Gina K Sneak Peeks!


I'm so excited about the new sets Melanie Muenchinger has desiged with Gina K this month (well, every month really since she's been illustrating for her) but this set 'Have a Cookie' is so cute, versatile and I've not seen a set like it! Plus, who DOESN'T like cookies from store-bought (I have my favorites: Nutter Butters, Oreos) to convenient ones (pre-made that you bake yourself) to made from scratch cookies that really are worth the extra time (if you have it!) For my sneak peek I made a Chinese Take Out gift. Here is the Pattern I printed on kraft cardstock-using Basic Grey Ambrosia dp to cover the box. I used metallic rub-on paste
on the paper & lid and the handle is made with gold wire & beads to match the paper.

I took inspiration from Martha Stewart Felt Fortune Cookies but changed it up slightly to save $ and make it quicker. Martha used floral wire & covered with matching ribbon, I chose to get chenille stems (or pipe cleaners) and saved like $2 and they worked just fine. I used an all-purpose glue to adhere it to the felt.

Inside I placed 2 hershey's kisses and slipped in my 'fortune' from the many options for greetings in the set. See Martha's video for assembling the fortune cookie (it's super easy!)

Here is my sample for 'Tee Talk' Melanie's new set that coordinates with Little Tees & Just so Sporty I know y'all are going to LOVE this set for so many more options for your tees and jerseys!

I failed to mention Gina K's new Pure Luxury White cardstock yesterday so I definitely need to share it today - I have to tell you if you love the feel of SU!'s whisper white cardstock but not necessarily the fact that it is not strong enough for a cardbase, then you are going to love the 120 lb pure luxury cardstock! Do you have difficulty blending your watercolors on your white cardstock? Well, worry no more, it blends like a dream and unless you layer your color way too much, you won't have to worry about pilling of the cardstock (or buckling with heat embossing). The cardstock will be packaged in acks f 25 sheets: 120 lb for $5.95 and 80 lb for $4.95 (what a deal - and don't forget Gina always offers free shipping with a $35 order! Gina K Designs will also be offering Pure Luxury Envelopes but they are not as smooth which is great so you don't have to worry about your ink smearing on them! They will come 25 in a clear box you can embellish after you're done using them for only $5.25

I used my Basic Grey cupcake dp which is so cheerful to me! I knew the minute I saw this set I was going to pair this saying on a tee with my small Texas shape to make a card to send to my sweet 2 1/2 yr old niece Gabby. Whenever she gets cards from me, they open them, my sister reads them to her and she promptly displays them on the end table so she can look at them. When I was there last week I saw the last 2 I sent her and one night she picked up the card and walked over to her mommy to show her (we were talking about me leaving on the big ariplane back to Texas) and her mommy asked her what the card said and without missing a beat she said, 'Auntie loves you, Love Auntie' so cute!!

Be sure you check out what all the other Design Team members have to share with you today - don't forget the release party is tomorrow evening 7:00-10:00 CST in the forum.
We will have lots of challenges, contests & fun!! Hope to 'see' you there!
Pin It

26 comments on "Day 2 Gina K Sneak Peeks!"

Elena on 12:12 AM CST said...

Wow! What a fantastic project! Love it! Thank you for sharing the template!
Your card is adorable! Very cute T-shirt! Love the saying on the shirt!

JessicaK on 12:19 AM CST said...

The fortune cookies rock! I'm in SF, so if it's quick & easy enough, that might be my office "Christmas" gift. Thanks for the sneak peek.

Melanie on 12:27 AM CST said...

I'CASEing these too!! Love the ltitle forutnes peeping out!!!

ANOTHER cute Gabby story!! :)

Melissa Sauls on 12:58 AM CST said...

Oh my gosh how creative are you!! The take out boxes AND the fortune cookies are just adorable!! Great job Donna!

Carolina on 1:22 AM CST said...

Ohhh so cute! I thought of these Martha fortune cookies as well and so glad to see your version of them cause they are amazingly wonderful!!! Love the way you put the whole theme together.

Lovin' Gabby's story. After meeting her, it just makes it even that much more precious!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job. This is so clever and cute...thanks for sharing how to make these!

Cat Tidwell on 4:57 AM CST said...

What an awesome creation Donna! LOVE it, and that card, too cute! Gabby is just too precious!

Kurtis on 6:28 AM CST said...

What a clever idea! I think fortune cookies are my favorite Chinese food. ;)

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama on 6:47 AM CST said...

*picks jaw up off the ground*

WOW!!!! This is amazing! I think your fortunes are WAY better than Martha's!

Pink Room Therapy Designs on 7:21 AM CST said...

I LOVE those fortune cookies! What a great little gift set!

Sharri on 7:47 AM CST said...

Those fortune cookies are awesome!
And to pair them with the take out box is perfect!

Shy on 7:52 AM CST said...

So cute! Love those fortune cookies. lol They are great.

Carolyn King on 8:04 AM CST said...

Fabulous fortune cookies! What a clever idea! Love this!

Catherine on 8:35 AM CST said...

oh i've seen these before Donna, i love your take...cute!

Theresa Momber on 9:03 AM CST said...

Wow, Donna, these projects rock! Love those fortune cookies!

Jody Morrow on 1:19 PM CST said...

OMG your chinese set is SO SO cute! And the TEE!! How cute! A little Texas! Awwww!

Unknown on 1:38 PM CST said...

Super cute, Donna! You are so creative!

Alex on 2:01 PM CST said...

Totally super cute project Donna - you are amazingly creative, my friend!! I just love those fortune cookies! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lee on 2:11 PM CST said...

Oh I just KNEW you'd have such an amazing and fun "sweet" gift set with Melanie's cookie stamps after I saw all the other sneak peeks!!!

Christi Flores on 2:26 PM CST said...

Wow girl!! Your project and card are amazing!!!!

Linsey R on 8:21 PM CST said...

Wow, this is totally darling! I love your fortune cookies that actually save you a fortune with your little alterations, FAB! I'm super excited about Melanie's new set now! Oh boy oh boy!!! How fun! Wonderful peek! :)

Rose Ann on 9:10 PM CST said...

Your fortune cookies are way awesome, Donna!! I love your cute t-shirt card too!! Wonderful, wonderful samples!!

Jessie/knightrone on 9:29 PM CST said...

OMGosh, you are SOOO good!!

C on 5:54 AM CST said...

Love, love the fortune cookies..can't wait to see this set.

Deb Wood on 9:37 AM CST said...

WOW! You have been busy and all of your projects are amazing!!

Deb Wood on 9:37 AM CST said...

WOW! You have been busy and all of your projects are amazing!!

Post a Comment