Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Like Milk & Cookies...


Since I've been on a kraft cardstock kick - thought I'd show you a monochromatic card I made recently using one of Gina K Designs new sets Have a Cookie. I love that Melanie was inspired by her mom when she designed this set; remembering the smell, taste & feelings freshly baked cookies conjures up.  She always thinks of more than just one occasion when designing a set, in particular making sure there is versatility with it!  With the combination of these 2 images (glass of milk & cookies) and sentiment, you can make it an anniversary, love or friendship card! 

Here is the inside of the card, notice the way the ribbon is tied through the nestability in front?  I am always inspired by other's creative uses of ribbon but I haven't found that to be my strength. Although I am quite happy with the finished look of it on this card with the window.  The dp on the front is SU! hostess prints pack with earth elements colors.  The ribbon is kraft taffeta.  


Pin It

13 comments on "Like Milk & Cookies..."

Shannan Teubner on 11:32 PM CST said...

Girl this is just fabulous!! I love everything about it!

Lee on 1:06 AM CST said...

Ohhhhhh I can just smell those wonderful cookies freshly baking in the oven!!!! I love how you make Kraft look so warm and inviting!!!

Rach on 4:39 AM CST said...

a great card, love how you have used the sentiment and how you have cut out the circle. hugs rachxx

Rose Ann on 9:37 AM CST said...

I love this is your monochromatic colors! I love how you've made your window and tied your ribbon as well!!

JessicaK on 9:40 AM CST said...

I love the cutout window idea here to showcase the M&C.

Angie Tieman on 11:08 AM CST said...

This is adorable!! Love the monochromatic look with the polka dots and the milk and cookies are precious!

Jessie/knightrone on 11:18 AM CST said...

This is fabulous!! Great design and I love the monochromatic look!!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 1:05 PM CST said...

This is SO classy. I love the monochromatic look and the way you did the window & coloured it is stunning! :O)

Barbara Schram on 3:46 PM CST said...

The smells of cookie baking are the best! LOVE your creation, on the kraft is especially warming! Take good care, Donna!

Denise Marzec on 8:22 PM CST said...

Oh wow, I've never made a kraft monochromatic card...LOVE how it looks, Donna. Awesome!!

Unknown on 8:36 PM CST said...

Cool - I love the Kraft theme you have going on here! It looks awesome!!

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

Melanie on 4:24 PM CST said...

I like this a LOT! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I just LOVE this card! It is so warm and inviting! Beautiful job!

Post a Comment