Friday, November 28, 2008

TECC44: Tangled in Trimmings & Inchie


I think the idea I had in my head for Taylor's Cupcake Friday sketch {TECC44} didn't quite turn out like I had imagined.  I'm just not completely happy with it, but I am sharing it anyway *smile*.  I wanted to make a unique focal image so I made a frame from my circle nestability.  I think what throws me off is the blue mat behind the focal image, I think if I had made it brown it would look better.  I stamped tangled in trimmings cuppiefrom Season's Sweetings (I can hardly believe it's the first time I've used him) on blush blossom cardstock & decided not to color him in. I did color all the lights with my Copic Atyou Spica pens which sparkle a lot!  All supplies except blush blossom c/s & spica pens can be found in the Taylored Expressions store - if you happen to spend at least $40 you qualify for free shipping with promotional code THANKFUL4U (all caps, no spaces) at checkout - offer good through Sunday evening, November 30.

after I made my card I thought it would be fun to make another one using the cut out circle nestability.  I think I like this card better,  because I made a little inchie with the small cuppie in the Home Sweet Home set and covered it with liquid pearls for frosting. 

Here is Taylor’s sketch so you can play along too!!  You can be eligible to win Cupcake Sampler Honors & be featured on Taylor’s blog using the next Cupcake Friday Sketch!  You’re not required to use cupcakes on your sketch, but if you got ‘em why not use ‘em??  You can create something other than a card but try to keep as close to the sketch as possible. If you’re uploading to Splitcoast, please use keyword TECC44.  Leave a comment on Taylor’s post with a link to your blogpost or gallery link so she can check it out!  You must have your creation uploaded by Monday, December 1 at 8:00 a.m. PST to be eligible for the featured cupcake sampler honors.  Lastly, be sure to have FUN creating!

Be sure to check out the other Cupcake Crew’s Creations:

Our Featured Cupcake Sampler this week is Karin Giron - The Sweetest Thing

Top Chef Challenge

You still have time to enter the Top Chef Challenge to WIN your choice of stamp set from the next SASI stamp release!  Just make your cutest card and/or project using any of the new SASI holiday stamp sets - Season's Sweetings, Home Sweet Home and Tag Treats.  E-mail a photo of your project (with the subject line Top Chef) to tayloredexpressions@gmail.com by Friday, December 12th. In your e-mail be sure to include your first and last name and link to your blog and SCS gallery (if you have them - they're not a requirement to play.)  Taylor will choose the cutest, most creative entry to be named TOP CHEF and win your choice of stamp set from the next SASI stamp release!  Most of all, you can't win if you don't play so get stampin' and have some fun!!!

Pin It

14 comments on "TECC44: Tangled in Trimmings & Inchie"

Jackie Pedro on 10:12 AM CST said...

I think it's adorable!! Both cards are so cute, Donna!!

Sherrie on 10:20 AM CST said...

Both cards are so sweet Donna...I especially love the first one with it's soft colors and your fantastic coloring!

Taylor on 10:45 AM CST said...

So cute, Donna! I really like how you separated the scalloped circle on the inchie card!

Monika/Buzsy on 11:51 AM CST said...

Cue cards Donna. Love the colors... the Kraft paper looks great with the other colors... and the way you did the scallop circle 'frame'. TFS!

Jami on 12:05 PM CST said...

Oh no Donna! Don't say you're not happy with that first card - it totally made me giggle (even though I've seen that little guys lots of times - seeing him on your card made me giggle!). I get what you mean about the blue panel, but I really think it's fine...maybe you could add a layer of brown under the blue panel and you would feel better? But I love it as is! It has a different unique look with the colors you used. Your 2nd card is cute too! Happy Friday!

Denise Marzec on 12:05 PM CST said...

Adorable, Donna!!

Alex on 1:10 PM CST said...

Totally cute Donna!!!! I totally love them!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Angie Tieman on 1:22 PM CST said...

What adorable cards! Love those stamps and paper!

Rose Ann on 1:51 PM CST said...

Both of these are fantastic and so cute, Donna!! Wonderful sketch cards with those most darling images and pretty papers!! Love them!!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Unknown on 7:38 PM CST said...

Both are adorable Donna!! I just love those sweet images!! :)

Karen Giron on 10:35 PM CST said...

Hi Donna! What an adorable little cupcake - and the scallop cut out is such a fun and original take on the sketch. This card is so sweet!

Ida on 6:04 PM CST said...

Both your cards are just so much fun.

Catherine on 5:05 PM CST said...

love both of your cards :)

Debbie Olson on 11:26 PM CST said...

Oh, Donna! Both of these are adorable, but that top one is a WOW-ser! You nailed that sketch challenge for sure!

Post a Comment