Saturday, November 29, 2008

LSC169 Birthdays and Bubbles!!


Here is my card for the Limited Supplies Challenge {LSC196} Pinky Animal.  I used Lil' P-Nut from Our Craft Lounge to wish a Happy Birthday with just her party hat & sentiment.  The dp & brad are by Basic Grey, Eva.  She was colored with prismacolor pencils blended with baby oil & stumps then highlighted with my Copic Atyou Spica pens.  
And now one of the main reasons I was drawn to Our Craft Lounge stamps - because in the setLola Love she is blowing bubbles!  These pictures were taken of my niece Gabby during our trip in May when her baby brother was born.  Gabby LOVES to blow bubbles - she has a special drawer in the kitchen full of them, extras left over from her 2nd birthday party favor buckets. The journaling talks about how cute it was that my sister (her Nini) taught her how to put the wand straight in, then out, then 'tap, tap, tap' on the side to get the extra bubbles off - we managed to get still photos & video of these precious few minutes! A funny moment was when she said, "Auntie Donna's making a mess" and we said what? and she pointed to my arm and said "all over your arm" - I was holding the bottle of bubbles and when she was tap tap tapping, it was getting all over my arm but it was o.k.!  
The funniest moment was at the very end when we were telling her to put the wand closer to her mouth and she accidentally put it in her mouth!  We all gasped and laughed at the surprised look on her face when she got a taste of the bubbles - it was hilarious!  Unfortunately the camera was off at that point but one we will never forget!  There is one point in the video she stops and sees that her Tio Frankie has the camera and stopped to smile.  This photo is priceless; it captures her sheer innocense & beauty.

Here is a picture of Gabby and her Nini - my middle sister Deana who is 4 years older than me and watches her & Joseph our nephew.  I'm really proud of the sacrifice she makes to watch them, since she never wanted to have kids of her own and she is doing a great job caring for them!  Isn't she pretty??  They were playing dress up before we started blowing bubbles.   Pin It

12 comments on "LSC169 Birthdays and Bubbles!!"

Mary Dawn on 9:23 AM CST said...

what a darling!

Angie Tieman on 1:36 PM CST said...

What a sweet card! Love your coloring! And that little Gabby is a beauty! I see trouble in the future for her parents! lol!

Joy on 6:43 PM CST said...

OMG Donna! You totally "blow" me away! These are so adorable!

Barbara Schram on 9:25 PM CST said...

Love your card and your adorable niece. I got Dr. Pea-nut ans am alomost finished with a card! Love the clear stamps and the art work!

Take good care,
Blessings,
Barb

You have been tagged on my blog.

Sumtoy on 9:30 PM CST said...

So very cute and adorable

Unknown on 9:34 PM CST said...

Oh my.... your niece is TOO CUTE! I LOVE your scrapbook page! I would love to add that to our image gallery on our website if you don't mind. And, it's PINK! Pink and PERFECT!! Your projects totally made me smile! Thank you!
~Cambria

Cindy Haffner on 11:05 PM CST said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet!!!!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 11:59 AM CST said...

Your card is cute..but I swear Gabby gets cuter by the minute!! What a DOLL!!

Lee on 1:18 PM CST said...

Adorable and precious!!! Oh my those bubble blowing photos and memories are awesome!!!

Rose Ann on 10:40 AM CST said...

Your elephant card is so adorable, and your Gabby page is perfect!! Love your super cute story and fantastic pictures, too!!

Catherine on 5:04 PM CST said...

This is just too cute.... really, i have to wait until next year to get this :(

Gabby is just too precious :)

Carolina on 9:07 PM CST said...

Love what you've done with sets...I got a couple and yet have to ink them up. As soon as I saw Lola I thought of you and the amazing things you could do with her for Gabby.

Thanks for my Gabby fix...she's just too cute!

Post a Comment