Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gina K Release Day: Heartily Yours and Love Notes


 bee card & gift
Tonight I have a sweet bee creation to share with you using Nina Brackett’s new sets, Heartily Yours and Heartily Yours Additions!    I made a cute little box using a perfect pattern created by Nina, heart favor box!  It is so cute and is the perfect size for my sculpey clay creation I made to match the image on my card!  
 bee heart box
Here is a top view of my card, I stamped all over it with various heart images in both sets and sponged the edges with Ranger antique linen ink.  I cut the heart window and placed some clear film so the little bee can peek through! 


clay bee

Here is a close up of the little bee I made out of clay to coordinate with the cute little bee Nina drew in the set – I even used red wire and formed it in the heart shape like in the image.  I totally adore this!  I made a 3” mini card, using the new Lipstick Red cardstock as well as Black Onyx and a little Basic Grey Sugar Rush designer paper which Gina will have in the store with this release. 

friendship set to music

On my last card, I used the whimsical assorted flower image in Heartily Yours as well as a few images from Vintage Borders, in particular, the music notes which coordinates nicely with the sentiment ‘Love is friendship set to music’ which is in the new One Free with Three set called Love Notes!  It is a beautiful collection of script and print fonts in classic Gina K. style with sentiments for focal images and insides of your cards.  I used Wine with Everything and Innocent Pink on this card, and also sponged antique linen distress ink for a more vintage feel.  You’ll also see I added a strip of wine gold-lined organdy ribbon under the flourish vintage border.

For even more inspiration with our new stamp sets being previewed tonight, check out these GinaK Designers' links:

Nina Brackett {Illustrator of Heartily Yours}
Gina Krupsky {Illustrator of Love Notes}
Carolyn King
Cathy Tidwell
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin
Jessica Fick
Lee Murphy
Lynn Mercurio
Melanie Muenchinger
Theresa Momber
Tami Mayberry
Bev Gerard {Card Club Kit designer}
Colleen Schaan{Card Club Kit designer}
Valerie Stangle{Card Club Kit designer}
Jen Charboneau {CSS Designer}

Hope you will join us Thursday evening, January 7th in our SCS forum for our release party!  It will be jam-packed with samples by the designers, challenges (I am hosting the one posted at 7:30 p.m.), contests, chat and full stamp set reveals!   

Pin It

25 comments on "Gina K Release Day: Heartily Yours and Love Notes"

Valerie on 10:20 PM CST said...

Darling! The sculpey bee is awesome!

Melanie on 10:34 PM CST said...

the bee is perfect! the flowers with the border is so pretty!

Lee on 10:43 PM CST said...

You are soooooo cool Chica!!!!! My gosh and talented too!!!

Suzanne J Dean on 10:43 PM CST said...

Beautiful cards and that lil' clay bee is so fun--love it!

hugz,
Suzanne

TexasGrammy on 10:48 PM CST said...

Oh my word, Donna! At first I thought you had found a bee cupcake, etc. until I read further. What a cute bee! Great stuff!

`Bev

Colleen on 10:50 PM CST said...

Donna - I can't believe you made that bee... how adorable!!! What a cool idea to go with the card!

And your second card is beautiful... very classy!

Janice M on 11:05 PM CST said...

Cute!!!!!!! Love your little matching clay bee!!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) on 11:05 PM CST said...

Such cute work! I especially LOVE your bee card!!! And a matching bee? Wow!

emilymomto3boys on 11:08 PM CST said...

ok, that is absolutely AMAZING!! That bee is too cute - how the heck did you do that? Fantastic stuff, Donna!

Melissa on 11:18 PM CST said...

Adorable cards Donna! I love your little clay bee, he is too cute!

Lagene on 12:58 AM CST said...

Adorable cards and your clay bee is great!

Natalie on 1:55 AM CST said...

Your cards are so pretty, love the design of each of them and your box is so perfect of course for Valentines Day. Awesome job!! So clever with the clay bee!!

NinaB on 3:53 AM CST said...

I LOVE your clay bee and everything that goes with it. You are a multi-talented lady, my friend. And that second card with the Love Notes quote and music stamp is something I'll have to share for the previews. Great minds think alike :).

Carla S. on 6:04 AM CST said...

Great projects, Donna! Love the favor box and the sculpted bee! Too cute!

Cat Tidwell on 6:34 AM CST said...

OH so awesome Donna! LOVE that little bee card and matching clay bee, too clever!

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama on 6:54 AM CST said...

Donna!!!! You are absolutely amazing! I love the bee you made.....right down to every last detail! And your card with the music stamp.....so beautiful!

Theresa Momber on 9:33 AM CST said...

Beautiful samples, Donna! That bee is just too cute for words. WOW!

Jamie Pyles on 11:05 AM CST said...

Gorgeous Donna!!! Your Cuppie Love Scene idea is GENIUS!!! Way to go!!!

TannyP on 11:53 AM CST said...

Wowee! Lovely art, Donna - I can't believe you're awesome little sculpting job =) The cards are wonderful, but your bee is really a scene stealer - especially in that perfect box!

Julia Aston on 12:31 PM CST said...

Fun projects Donna! I really love your little clay bee!

Carolyn King on 1:26 PM CST said...

totally diggin that sculpey bee---sooo clever...glad you made him a home too! Great job donna!

Janet on 4:12 PM CST said...

REALLY? You really made that little bee! I am SO impressed. Thanks for sharing with us all your gorgeous stuff. :D

Casmiles on 8:42 PM CST said...

And she made the bee out of clay - of course she did. Me - if I tried to make a bee I've have to write a book explaining it was a bee in order for people to see what it was...Really - that is so precious - the card and the little bee made out of clay. To have such talent - I'm so jealous...

Christi Flores on 11:02 AM CST said...

That bee is amazing!!

Rose Ann on 7:51 PM CST said...

Everything looks awesome, Donna...and your little bee is perfect!!

Post a Comment