Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shabby Cupcakes inspired by Laurie


shabby cupcakes

One of my favorite stampers out there is fellow Baker’s Dozen design team member, Laurie Schmidlin.  Her creations are the perfect mix of shabby elegance that I love!  I was inspired by this card of hers to turn it into a cupcake birthday card using the January key ingredients by Taylored Expressions.  I used the new Sprinkled with Love set and covered my cupcakes with liquid pearl ‘frosting’ in petal pink and lemon yellow and cherries with ruby red.  I added some machine stitching and sponged the edges, added some ribbons & buttons from the kit and I was done.  See the green stems on the cherries?  They are made with colored wire I had in my stash – I like the fun look it adds to the cherries.

Be sure to read about the changes with the key ingredients Taylor posted on her blog, unfortunately you are not able to purchase this key ingredients kit separately anymore, but you can sign up for a subscription (3 or 6-month) and get these delivered directly to your door each month in addition to other benefits!

Hope you have a great weekend! 

Pin It

6 comments on "Shabby Cupcakes inspired by Laurie"

Kristie W. on 11:06 AM CST said...

Love this! Cute stamp and I adore that paper!

Dina on 11:16 AM CST said...

Really, really cute! Love the faux icing and the DP!

Lori on 11:21 AM CST said...

This icing is the best! Love your use of the wire as well!

Laurie Schmidlin on 4:31 PM CST said...

WHAT!!?! Girl, your cupcake cards are WAY prettier!!! :-) I love your vintage looking cupcakes, and you know that is my FAVORITE TE set!! Love it!!

I have to say, you absolutely made my day!! Sending you ginormous hugs!!!

Lady K on 11:12 PM CST said...

Hi Donna-
These cards are SO ADORABLE!!!
It was great meeting you at the TE booth in CA last weekend!
(((hugs)))

Kerry D-C on 11:14 PM CST said...

Yikes!!! That last comment was from me...wrong profile on. :P

Post a Comment