Sunday, January 3, 2010

GKD Preview Day 1: Happy Hearts and Sung from the Heart


my valentine

I’m so in LOVE with all the new offerings with Gina K. Designs this month (well, I can honestly say that every month I am, but more so this month since it’s all about LOVE with Valentine’s Day on the horizon! 

My first card showcases Tami Mayberry’s new set, Happy Hearts, a fun collection of whimsical to elegant hearts in several sizes with a lot of words to customize your Valentine’s messages!   I used the new Lipstick red cardstock, which is a deep blue red and I happened to have a matching polymer clay color.  I recently started to play with it, and last night I made the clay heart I have as an embellishment on my ribbon.  Isn’t it pretty?  I just smashed my heart from the set to get the impression on it, baked it and glazed it with crystal lacquer and voila~a custom embellishment!  It was fun to make!  Be looking for more from me in the future!  I paired my lipstick red (new cardstock color) with Kraft and Black Onyx cardstock as well as the new beautiful black organdy gold-lined ribbon that’s available with this release!

bird

On my next card, I used the new set illustrated by Rupa, called Sung from the Heart, a collection of pretty images with coordinating sentiments fashioned after some popular love songs.  On my first card, I used the whimsical bird carrying a delicate heart with ‘You are the wind beneath my wings’ what woman did not enjoy the movie Beaches?  It was such a touching tribute to true friendship.  On this card, I used the new Passionate Pink cardstock with Kraft and black onyx, isn’t it a wonderful combination??!  The pink stitched ribbon I used on this card is in the new Romance Ribbon collection.

heartstrings

On my last card, I used the row of hearts hanging from a rod, isn’t it precious?  I used another new color, Wine with Everything for my cardbase and Innocent Pink with Good as Gold here!  The wine with everything gold lined organdy is divine!!  Check out those pink buttons?  It’s pure bliss for pink lovers like me!!

cardstock Here is a picture of the cardstock colors Gina shared on her blog, click it to see all the ribbons and new buttons that will be released this Thursday, January 7 at 10 pm CST!   Mark your calendars for the release party on SCS 7-10:00 pm CST ~ hope you will join us!

For even more inspiration with our new stamp sets being previewed tonight, check out our other GinaK Designers' links:

Tami Mayberry {Illustrator of Happy Hearts}
Gina Krupsky
Carolyn King
Cathy Tidwell
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin

Jessica Fick
Lee Murphy
Lynn Mercurio
Melanie Muenchinger

Nina Brackett
Theresa Momber
Colleen Schaan
Sankari Wegman
Valerie Stangle
Asela Hopkins

Pin It

23 comments on "GKD Preview Day 1: Happy Hearts and Sung from the Heart"

Theresa Momber on 10:15 PM CST said...

Oooh, these are so beautiful, Donna! You used the new colors to perfection!

joy on 10:27 PM CST said...

The kraft, onyx and p.pink card rocks! The hanging hearts card deserves a kiss!! It is so pretty.

JessicaK on 10:29 PM CST said...

Love the hearts rod and color combo there. Gina's new cardstock colors are so yummy.

Sankari W. on 10:32 PM CST said...

Soooo beautiful Donna!! I love each card and especially love the one with the hanging hearts!! LOVE it!!! You totally made me drool over all of those yummy colors together!!! Sending you big heart hugs my friend!!!
Love,
Sankari :)

Carolyn King on 10:35 PM CST said...

great cards!!! love the fun heart you created on top--great idea and it turned out soo cooollll!

Karen (TLgirl353) on 10:45 PM CST said...

Donna- you always give us so much inspiration-wonderful cards!!!

Lee on 10:51 PM CST said...

Ohhhh wow Donna!!! That heart embellie is to die for!!!! How amazing!!!!

emilymomto3boys on 10:54 PM CST said...

Fantastic cards, Donna! I love that kraft and red combo - my favorite!

Diane on 3:14 AM CST said...

Beau-ti-ful...thanks for sharing!

JazzyH on 6:21 AM CST said...

Pretty!

asela on 6:27 AM CST said...

Love your card samples. The colors rock together.

Cat Tidwell on 6:45 AM CST said...

All are so awesome Donna, but like you, I am LOVING your clay embelly! that is just too awesome! gonna have to try that one!

Melanie on 7:20 AM CST said...

those sculpy embellishmetns are so fun!!

Carla S. on 7:44 AM CST said...

Beautiful sample cards, Donna! Love the new colors and embellishments!

Create It Simply on 9:16 AM CST said...

Very cool use of the clay! Something I have intended many times and never gotten around to. TFS!

Anonymous said...

They are all just stunning!!!!

Janice M on 12:47 PM CST said...

Great cards Donna!!

Joan Ervin on 7:25 PM CST said...

Your cards are just beautiful, Donna....such pretty colors and I LOVE all the new stamps!!!!

Lagene on 8:40 PM CST said...

They are all beautiful!

redwasher1 on 9:16 PM CST said...

Donna your cards are just beautiful!!

TexasGrammy on 10:42 PM CST said...

Wonderful collection of creations, Donna! Now I can hardly wait for my Kraft C/S, already making its trip down toward Texas! Way to go with that cool clay ornament too!

~Bev

NinaB on 3:00 AM CST said...

These are so cute, Donna. Thanks for the box, it's adorable.

Lynn Mercurio on 11:46 AM CST said...

I'm late in commenting, but I hope you will forgive me, because I think ALL of these creations really shine. You ROCK, woman!

Post a Comment