Monday, January 18, 2010

Vase of pretty flowers


birthday flowers

Here is a card I made using Theresa’s new set for GKD called Purrr-fectly Delightful.  What do flowers have to do with that set name?  Well, the main images are cat related (which I love), but when the release rolled around, I hadn’t gotten the chance to work with the cat images since I was still grieving over putting our cat to sleep on Dec. 18th.  I’m sure I will have something to share using them soon, since I love cats and we still have our precious Elsie (who happens to be sitting right next to me as I type this post and she has per paw touching my thigh – so cute).  So, I made this card with her pretty vase of flowers and it happened to be my favorite card I made for the previews!  I just adore the new pink pure luxury cardstock colors!  On here, I used Passionate Pink with Green Apple and Black Onyx which coordinates wonderfully with this Basic Grey Sultry paper!  If you look closely at the center of the flowers, you’ll see some crystal lacquer with some small black beads from my jewelry making supplies and created some fun dimension.  The card was finished with some mini black brads in the corners and gold-lined black organdy ribbon

If you’re interested in seeing more inspiration using this set, check out the STV inspiration gallery.

Pin It

6 comments on "Vase of pretty flowers"

Kay D on 2:37 PM CST said...

Very pretty- I love your coloring on the flowers!

Betty Benton on 2:52 PM CST said...

This is a beauty of a card, Donna!

Kristine on 10:15 PM CST said...

Oh wow Donna, this is so eyecatching!! Your flowers are gorgeous and they match your paper PERFECTLY!! It's such a beautiful card all around. *Ü*

Anonymous said...

Perfect color matching! I love how the flowers pop off the card. You are so talented GF.

Melanie on 4:43 PM CST said...

aww, I didn't realize that was why you hdn't use the cat, duh! hope time is healing your pain...

Emily Leiphart on 8:27 PM CST said...

WOW, love how you coloured the flowers to match that gorgeous dp! Sorry for the loss of your cat. :(

Post a Comment