Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Cool Chick, Diva Beach Bunny & Pretty Blooms


stvsc7 cool chick

Here’s a fun card I put together for this week’s sketch challenge at StampTV, hosted by Cat!  To my pretty paper-pieced floral tee, I added a chick from Just so Hoppy & topped her off with some cool sunglasses from Little tees.  The SU! dp Pink Flamingo has such fun colors in it, I thought it would be perfect for this sunshiny card!!  I used my justrite small letters set on a wooden stamper to make a perfect sentiment for my card. 

STVPF 041009

Here is a card I had a ton of fun making this weekend, Diva Beach Bunny for the stampTV potluck Friday challenge to paper-piece!  I used 5 Gina K sets for this card, Just so Hoppy (bunny), You are My Sunshine (beach chair, umbrella), Little Tees (bunny top-sunglasses and tiara), Perfectly Polished (beach towel), Just Be-Claws (sun).  I drew on her flip flops (you see her pink toenail polish? you have to click on the photo to see more detail).  She has bling on her flip flops & bathing suit.  

CAS10 emboss resist

The other card I put together is for 2 challenges; one is my spin on the emboss resist technique that Gina shared on stampTV last week. I stamped the big flower from A Year of Flowers with VersaMark ink on Baja Breeze cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder.  Then, I used a sponge dauber and rubbed on Pacific Point ink.  I LOVE how this turned out!!  I then stamped a tag with a sentiment from Say it With Flowers, which happened to match up perfectly with the upper right flower (it’s lined up just right, but looks off center since I photographed the card at an angle).  The other challenge for this card was for the Clean and Simple [CAS10] for a monochromatic card - I love making these! definitely takes your guesswork out of coordinating colors!

Thanks for visiting today! 

Pin It

11 comments on "A Cool Chick, Diva Beach Bunny & Pretty Blooms"

Alex on 1:53 PM CDT said...

Fabulous cards Donna, I love them all but my fave is the emboss resist, just love that one! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Monika/Buzsy on 5:13 PM CDT said...

Super cute cards Donna! I just love that bunny! That is sooo creative! TFS!

Christi Flores on 5:55 PM CDT said...

All of your cards are adorable!!!

jacque4u2c on 8:26 PM CDT said...

Stunning!

Terri Trotter Earley on 8:49 PM CDT said...

The bunny is totally cracking me up!!!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Melissa Sauls on 2:14 AM CDT said...

What fantastic cards Donna! I hope your husband has gotten relief from the shots.

Anonymous said...

The emboss resist card is so gorgeous! kk

Jennie on 8:54 AM CDT said...

Love these two cards! You did fabulous combining so many sets! Love the flip flops on the rabbit!

mel m. m. mccarthy on 4:40 PM CDT said...

These are SO fun! Come on summer! (and the turquoise flowers OUlaLA! so soft & pretty) :O)

Linsey R on 9:07 PM CDT said...

Wow, girlfriend! You've been a busy bee and these are all absolutely fabulous! I love your bikini bunny on the beach--she's been working out, huh! (hehe. That chick tee card is super cute--totally great dp's and colors! And your blue beauty is just grand! I love the white embossed flowers with darker blue coloring and the lighter hue in the background! So outstanding and inspiring, dear friend :) I love you and hope you are doing ok (since the sad news) {{{big hugsss}}} comin atcha! xoxo

Jessie/knightrone on 8:16 PM CDT said...

Wow girl!! Look at you go!! Super cute stuff!!

Post a Comment