Saturday, April 25, 2009

RAK Blessings


rak from carolina

I’ve been blessed over the past few weeks with some wonderful hugs in the mail and I’m finally sharing (I actually have received more, I’ve only photographed these so far to share). 

The first is an Easter RAK from Carolina, I totally adored the card on the left she made when I saw it on her blog (well, she happened to have MADE it for me and was relieved when I said that – she almost thought she’d have to make a different card, as IF, I love ALL her wonderful creations!) She was so sweet to send me AND John these sweet candy treats, he was sure happy about it & dug in right away (I usually wait until I am craving chocolate to indulge!)  Thank you, my friend!!

easter rak from Jessie

This sweet Bunny Sophia card (using my Taylored Expression’s Anniversary Sketch) is from Jessie!  She always sends love in the mail, she’s so thoughtful!!  Thank you, Jessie!!

RAK by Sankari

This fabulous card made by fellow Baker’s Dozen design team member Sankari Wegman was sent to cheer me up after being laid off from my job and it sure did the trick!  My word, when I saw that red, black & white beauty on her blog, I fell in love with it, little did I know she MADE it with LOVE for ME!!  Check out the cardboard treasure box – well, it was filled with the most delicious melt-in-your-mouth-chocolatey-truffle-goodness I have EVER HAD!  WOW, they are so yummy!!  Chocolate always makes a gal feel better.  Thank you, Sankari! 

rak from saucy

Lastly, this precious Ketto image with sentiment, ‘need a hug?’ is from another fellow Baker’s Dozen dt member, Karen 'Saucy’ Motz.  I totally did feel hugged opening this sweet card!  She was so funny - on the back of the envelope, she wrote ‘please fluff the bow’ with a smiley face.  So I was sure to do that before I took my photo.  Thank you, Karen!! 

I also want to thank Melanie again, last Friday [a few days after the big change}, we finally got together so I could give her her birthday gift and it poured rain practically the whole time we hung out!!  She treated me to a few of her favorite local spots: a local trailer in S. Austin called Flip Happy Crepes, who was a Throwdown with Bobby Flay (click here to see video) winner!  I had a yummy ham & gruyere cheese crepe and Melanie had a hot Morrocan one!  I look forward to trying one of their sweet ones next time!  Then we went to get some yummy popcorn treats from Cornucopia!  It was such a fun time just hanging out & it was so sweet of her to cheer me up after having a crummy week!  Thank you, Melanie!

All you ladies are such a BLESSING to me and I appreciate your thoughtfulness, it all moved me to tears and made me feel SO special!! 

Pin It

4 comments on "RAK Blessings"

Carolina on 11:44 PM CDT said...

Wonderful RAKs my sweet friend and your evening with Melanie sounds delightful! You know you deserve this and so much more! Love & hugs!

Casmiles on 9:46 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards and gifts - and you are deserving of each. As for your crepe outting, I watched that show and was wishing they were closer to use - it was fun to watch, and everything looked so YUMMY.

Jennie on 10:56 PM CDT said...

Such sweet friends you have! What abunch of happy mail :o) The crepes sound delicious!

Rose Ann on 12:35 PM CDT said...

Wonderful RAKs!! You so deserve them, sweet Donna!!

Post a Comment