Sunday, April 5, 2009

SC220: gone awry but not really


SC220 happiness

Usually when I plan to work on challenges over the weekend, I copy & paste details (including sketches), print them up & post them at my stamping desk for reference.  Well, this was a sketch that I drew on paper real quickly on the back of an envelope and took to my stamping table and later worked on.  It was supposed to be SC220 on SCS BUT it was supposed to have 5 panels on the back and not 4-HA! 

While I was making it, I was so pleased with myself for how it was turning out without realizing I messed up with the panels!  I totally love how I did the sentiment from Say it with flowers merging with the big yellow bloom from A Year of Flowers so I figured I still needed to share it!  The background piece was stamped with several blooms in certainly celery, pretty in pink, baja breeze & so saffron.  The bloom is stamped in saffron ink on saffron cardstock, and definition on the petals made with a saffron marker.  The center of the bloom has crystal lacquer & yellow seed beads placed on top.  Well – not a total bust, huh??

Pin It

5 comments on "SC220: gone awry but not really"

Jessie/knightrone on 9:07 PM CDT said...

I think it is fabulous!!

Carolina on 2:43 AM CDT said...

Well I love your version of the sketch - four panels, five panels...who cares cause I think it came out lovely!!!

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) on 5:51 AM CDT said...

Donna - your card is lovely. I especially like the overlapped sentiment and your ingenius use of the yellow micro beads.

mel m. m. mccarthy on 8:14 AM CDT said...

Love the soft prettiness of this & that pop of yellow. That daisy looks real! :O)

Ila on 11:24 AM CDT said...

I love this Beautiful card Donna!!...I recognized it as the sketch right away...so don't think the amount of panels mattered!...I love the paper and flower...just perfect!!...Hugs, Ila

Post a Comment