Sunday, December 28, 2008

GKD Challenge: Buttons & Bows All Askew - Congrats


how's that for a title?  Here is the card I made for Joanne's Gina K December challenge on SCS
"create something with any combination of buttons and bows, your card must use both (they don't necessarily need to be together) and something on your card must be on an angle. You could have a tilted main panel, or a tilted sentiment - be creative, just keep it crooked somehow!"

For my card, I used all sets by Melanie for Gina K Designs: Little Tees set (shirt, arrow) Just So Sporty (baby), Say it with Flowers (happy) and A Year of Flowers (for you) and Basic Grey Urban Prairie dp & buttons and the rose satin ribbon is from Taylored Expressions.  Last but not least, the sketch I used is from Lauren's Saturday sketch16 from a week ago, better late than never, right?  

Gina K is also hosting  series of
daily challenges in the forum on SCS, Dec 27-January 1st.  Go check them out - there have been 2 great ones so far I haven't been able to participate in yet (not because I don't want to, I haven't had the energy! I got sick on Christmas Eve and is still lingering, my body's way of telling me to slow down and I am listening).  
Pin It

9 comments on "GKD Challenge: Buttons & Bows All Askew - Congrats"

Jody Morrow on 1:42 AM CST said...

Oh WOW! That is C U T E! I think I need to copy it. :) My SIL is newlyish pregnant and she it is her first. I think she needs a card like this. :) I bought her a Christmas gift for the baby and she bawled like a baby! LOL I think she needs some more baby lovin'. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Denise Marzec on 6:06 AM CST said...

I love this card, Donna! I've been wondering what to do with that particular print from the Urban Prairie DP...awesome layout to showcase the image and that pretty paper. :)

Jessie/knightrone on 8:28 AM CST said...

This is so super cute and sweet Donna!! I love it!!

Sharri on 2:04 PM CST said...

Very cute Donna!
I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown on 12:29 AM CST said...

Oh Donna this is a great card for so many reasons! Great dp, love the buttons, the lo is awesome .. . I could go on! :) Love it!

Shirley on 8:36 PM CST said...

A really pretty and cute card~! A wonderful keepsake for the celebration.

Rose Ann on 3:42 PM CST said...

Super cute maternity card, Donna!! I love the layout, patterned papers, and buttons!!

Deb Wood on 5:43 PM CST said...

I've been such a slacker lately, so sorry for not stopping by!! All of your creations I just browsed through are fabulous, adorable and wonderful!! I'd really like to try that calendar,

I'm leaving an award for you on my blog!!

Vanessa on 9:16 AM CST said...

Thanks Donna for giving me this card. I love it!

Post a Comment