Friday, December 19, 2008

TECC47: An Offbeat kind of Cuppie


Have I told you lately how much I adore Basic Grey paper?  It truly is my favorite and in the 
6 x 6 paper pads you get 2 of each sheet, so many different patterns for LOTS of fun on your cards & they last forever!  I was so excited to get my offbeat pad to see that most of the SU! In colors are represented in it!  Here I used Baja Breeze and Riding Hood Red in addition to chocolate chip for this fun sketch by Taylor!  I can hardly believe she comes up great sketch after great sketch every week!  Or maybe it's because I'm using her adorable Stamp a Sweet Impression stamps (Sweet Celebration used here) that cause me to be so pleased with the way my cards turn out each week! One of my favorite cakes is yellow with chocolate frosting so on my cake here I put cinnamon stickles for the frosting.  Cuppie is colored with reinkers and the buttons (baja & riding hood red are by SU! and chocolate is from the sultry brads by Basic Grey) FUN!  

Here is Taylor’s sketch so you can play along too!!  You can be eligible to win Cupcake Sampler Honors & be featured on Taylor’s blog using the next Cupcake Friday Sketch!  You’re not required to use cupcakes on your sketch, but if you got ‘em why not use ‘em??  You can create something other than a card but try to keep as close to the sketch as possible. If you’re uploading to Splitcoast, please use keyword TECC47.  Leave a comment on Taylor’s post with a link to your blogpost or gallery link so she can check it out!  You must have your creation uploaded by Monday, December 22 at 8:00 a.m. PST to be eligible for the featured cupcake sampler honors.  Lastly, be sure to have FUN creating!

Be sure to check out the other Cupcake Crew’s Creations:

Taylor VanBruggen
Ana Wohlfahrt
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens
Stephanie Hargis
Vicki Chrisman

Today’s Featured Cupcake Sampler is Karen Motz – Paper Playhouse (what a fun name for a blog!) and here is the cupcake creation that touched Taylor’s sweet tooth!  

Pin It

14 comments on "TECC47: An Offbeat kind of Cuppie"

Jami on 10:18 AM CST said...

So cute Donna! Love cuppie with the bold colors and patterns of that paper!

Taylor on 10:31 AM CST said...

So adorable, Donna! I love that patterned paper... I'll be putting that on my wishlist! :) Hope you have a great weekend!

Christina Fischer on 11:38 AM CST said...

Donna, this is so cute!! You know I love that paper! :)

Jackie Pedro on 1:59 PM CST said...

This card is DARLING, Donna!! LOVE the striped DP and those buttons....so cute!

Vicki Chrisman on 3:31 PM CST said...

Oh..this is just darling Donna!

Kristine on 4:51 PM CST said...

Very cute! :) Merry Christmas, Donna Baker!!

Stephanie Hargis on 6:15 PM CST said...

This is so cute! I love the fun dp! Great job girl!

Rhonda Kelly on 7:27 PM CST said...

Adorable card! I really love the DP and those accent buttons are just great! Fabulous job, tfs.

Monika/Buzsy on 7:57 PM CST said...

Super cute card Donna! Love the buttons!

Ana Wohlfahrt on 12:36 AM CST said...

Love it ALL!! The coloring and the paper is awesome!

Carolina on 2:29 AM CST said...

How adorable! Love what you did with the sketch and might need to look into that dp!

Jessie/knightrone on 2:16 PM CST said...

TOTALLY adorable!! Love it!!

Lee on 3:54 PM CST said...

LOL......oh gosh do I love that cuppie cake eating that yummy slice of cake!!! Tooooo darn cute!!!!

Rose Ann on 12:38 AM CST said...

Great job with the sketch, Donna!! I love the fun papers and buttons too!!

Post a Comment