Thursday, December 18, 2008

Simple One Layer Bird Notecards


I got a request for a set of bird notecards from a co-worker, today is her mom's birthday & she loves birds so of course I was so happy I had Gina K's new set Home Tweet Home to make them. Since it's such a busy time I had to make them real simple but she was pleased with them.

Im sharing my 2 favorite cards in the set. I used Gina's 120 lb weight pure luxury cardstock for the card bases and scored simple lines for visual interest and colored them all differently. I personalized real easily with my JustRite harmony rectangle stamper with the Curlz font for capital letter & Times New Roman for the rest of the letters. They were colored with my peerless watercolors & aquapainter. The birthday wishes on the curly label punch tag is from Winter Foliage .

Pin It

14 comments on "Simple One Layer Bird Notecards"

Rose Ann on 8:31 AM CST said...

This is a beautiful set of cards, Donna!! I can see why Lillian was so pleased with them!!

Denise Marzec on 12:50 PM CST said...

These are beautiful, Donna! I love the look of the Curlz font with the Times New Roman. Your coloring on the birds is gorgeous!!

Sharri on 2:16 PM CST said...

What a beautiful present! The birds are gorgeous!

Jessie/knightrone on 6:55 PM CST said...

This set is so gorgeous!!

Barbara Schram on 7:21 PM CST said...

What a terrific gift, Donna! I have to get me some of that new paper! It looks like pure luxury!!!

retiredheather on 7:23 PM CST said...

You did a lovely job. I am sure she will love them.
Happy Holidays
Heather

Lee on 12:13 AM CST said...

Beautiful!! They're so elegant and colorful, a wonderful gift idea!! I just got my new Gina K. stamps!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are stunning. Love the way you personalized them

Vanessa on 8:51 AM CST said...

What beautiful cards Donna. I love your coloring. Can we do a class just on water coloring sometime in stamp club?

Lori Craig on 10:13 AM CST said...

Donna...this is a fabulous gift! Love your mix of fonts on the sentiment - beautiful...just beautiful!

Jami on 10:20 AM CST said...

I seriously {heart} this set! Wow! Love the way you created the personalization and I sure do need to check out that stamp set. Awesome gift!

Carolina on 2:28 AM CST said...

What a gorgeous set - love the little birdies, the scoring, and the font you used is just perfect...just amazing my dear friend!

Amy on 8:35 PM CST said...

What lovely cards... they are simple yet so stikingly beautiful!

Bee's Zen Garden on 10:57 AM CST said...

Love the crisp simplicity of those! Gorgeous! :-)

Post a Comment